Mora Pro Robust?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 5, 2014
Derbyshire :-D
Anyone here used the Mora Pro Robust? How is it? Been thinking of using it as a shorter knife for more control for carving, cutting, food and game prep and some batoning, in conjunction with an axe. Would it be suitable? What is the grind like? I've heard it's a little obtuse on a blog but would like to know others opinions.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
be careful with the rubber handle its not very forgiving, damaged nine on a tight leather sheath

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Its always worth checking Mora prices on the Clas Ohlsson website. I think they have a 10% off offer for online sales at the moment.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
I recomend the 106 and 120 for carving myself great tools designed for the job.

I would suggest 1 knife will do all jobs.

I just bought a Mora Pro S. I thought about buying the Robust Pro. I wanted my knife to slice as good as possible so I opted for the more narrow blade. I am curious how the Robust Pro cuts compared to a Pro C or Pro S. I'm sure initially there wouldn't be much difference, but I wonder if after the blades begin to dull you begin to really notice the wider spine of the Robust? Just "thinking out loud"!

I'm eventually going to buy one. Honestly for me, I really like the color on the Robust. I wish Mora offered that on their other knives.

trade axe

Tenderfoot
Dec 16, 2013
Western Canada
I have 2-3 of the Robusts. Got my first last year I believe. I like the overall feel with the shorter/stubbier blade. And the grip fits my XL hand well enough. I have never found the thicker bladed Mora's to slice anywhere near as well as the thin versions. But for use in light splitting of kindling it works well. Feather sticks can be trickier because the "shoulder" of the blade pushes it off the material. Hard to explain.

K813ZRA

May 1, 2015
Spain
I prefer the standard robust to the pro but they are both good knives. I like the older model simply because it feels better in my hand.

EddieP

Forager
Nov 7, 2013
Liverpool
Its always worth checking Mora prices on the Clas Ohlsson website. I think they have a 10% off offer for online sales at the moment.

Clas Ohlson are discontinuing the current range, so buy quick if you want one. They are replacing them, but wouldn't tell me with what.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE