monowalker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Its a hell of a lot. Why would you need a disk brake??

I think one could be made for way less!

Don't know that it must be a disc brake, but some form of brake is handy if you want to stop on hills. It stops the trailer trying to push or pull you downhill.

I think you could make one for a lot less too.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
that's quite cool
viewThumb.jsp

I wonder what it's like when you're going up something quite steep though, i can see it being on your back unless you're bent over

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
I'd just buy a wheelbarrow and extend the handles.
Get an old rucksack hip belt, some 2" tape, and some fastex buckles and you're good to go :D

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
christ just take the jeep if you need something like that you have got to ask why? if its too heavy for you back get fit or cut the weight down.

mrcharly

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 25, 2011
North Yorkshire, UK
My thoughts are that towing it over a bouncy trail would be annoying - the trailer would be yanking and pulling at you. Particularly with such a small wheel. As I have serious back problems I'd worry about that. Maybe something that you used with your hands, with the option of dropping to a waist harness, would work better.

If you are doing something like desert walking it could be great, offering the potential to tow a lot more water than you can carry.

I used to bushwalk in australia. Not real outback stuff, but remote enough. A 3-day weekend pack would contain about 6l of water, plus wet food (ie, not dehydrated). Summer you'd need more.
For a similar trip in the UK I could get away with a litre (knowing I'd be able to refill and wouldn't need as much in the first place).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE