Modded my bivi bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
I got sick of wiggling into my bivi bags so I decided to get the sewing machine out and add some zips to them. I never use them on there own without a tarp so I didn't need to use waterproof zips and seam sealer. I'm really pleased with them now. I couldn't justify the £90 for a Snugpak one the zips where only 7 quid each and are ykk heavy duty ones.

DSC_0166_zps5d13d7a2.jpg

DSC_0167_zpsab6b2f58.jpg

DSC_0168_zps89f8596c.jpg

DSC_0169_zps5ed1f379.jpg

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
I've got the same mod on my army bivvi, although I confess I took it to a local seamstress and got them to do the fiddly bit :eek:. Improves the bivvi bag no end.

Nice work!

Gray

Sep 18, 2008
Scouser living in Salford South UK
Great job Dave, i've done something similar with a belgian one i got from MM for £7. Being lazy i used sticky back velcro on the bivvy and the sleeping bag so it stays together as 1 item. Works ok, i used it in January in the snow.

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Great job Dave, i've done something similar with a belgian one i got from MM for £7. Being lazy i used sticky back velcro on the bivvy and the sleeping bag so it stays together as 1 item. Works ok, i used it in January in the snow.

The second one in the pics is the Belgium one I paid 9 quid for it new on ebay. They're great aren't they, I like the way my neoair and sleeping bag roll up inside it to make a bedroll.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Superb mod, I did the same to a British army issue bivi bag some time last year and wonder now how I coped before, much more useful piece of kit with a zip added IMHO.

Cheers,

Stuart.

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I did mine last year but put the zip down the side. It makes a decent bit of kit much more useable.
Yours look much neater than mine though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE