Miyagi's DIY Smart Water Bottle Hack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Finally found something to use the Source Convertube for:

Fits the UK sparkling 200 ml Smart bottle and the Ortleib 2 litre also. Both of these can accept the Sawyer Mini.

42598103251_b217e4e69c_c.jpg

But not the UK 850 ml bottle on the left. :(

27748962397_1416c3e39c_c.jpg

41717182455_7f439a4ce4_c.jpg

27748967487_1b932cd45c_c.jpg

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I gave up (similar) spouts when I cut one open and saw the filth inside.

You guys know those insulating hot beverage cups with a closeable sip opening??

Take a used one, and take apart the closing mechanism. Be close to a toilet, as when you see what your precious, clean, beverage has been flowing through, you will throw up..

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I know Milton too. We pre sterilize everything in an ultrasonic bath filled with Milton Fluid.

It only cleans what it reaches. Take apart one of those cups, and be disgusted.....

Do it just for fun!

Milton Fluid is hugely underrated. Best and gentlest sterilizing on the planet! And environmentally safe!

You can make your own, by mixing common Bleach, salt and water.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If you use it frequently then the black gunk (it's a slime mould, harmless but repulsive, I agree) then it never gets a chance to settle and grow.

A lot of the staining inside those cups is tannin though. I admit I'm a fussy besom, I do use Milton, I do rinse with boiling water, and I do dry them off thoroughly.

A lot to be said about the old crusader cups :) the personal use mug and the simplicity of the platypus' :)

M

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
The inside is OK to clean, but that closeable opening in the lid is a pain.

Maybe best to start drinking undiluted malt or Vodka instead of tea and coffee!

One of my old friends in Sweden has milk cows ( amongst other tasty animals) and he used to clean the teats with Milton.
Milton soaked terry towel, then dipped each teat in a small container with water to remove the Milton.

His wife used to make cheese from their own unpasteurized milk and did not want any dirt in it.
It was good cheese!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE