Mini leather Backpack for SWMBO (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Hi all,

This is a recent project made for the missus for her birthday. theres a few small bits i would have liked to have done better, but I was under time pressure.

funny story... it was orignally going to be a drawstring pouch for my hobo stove/billycan set up, but when i made the main pounch it seemed to classy for something so simple.. (don't worry! i still have enough of the skin left to made the pounch!:lmao:)

anyway.. it is made from chrome tanned smoke coloured deerskin, with a tan coloured peice of deerskin for the front pocket. the flap is 2.5mm vegtan leather, hand carved with a stainedglass butterfly. the straps are 3.5mm vegtan leather, as are the buckle attachment points.

the wood handle and beads were made from part of a fence we used to mark off our camp site when we were living in a tent for a greater part of last year, and i made toggle and buttons from sika deer antler .

all leather cut, carved, tooled, beveled, painted and dyed by hand, and all saddle stiched with artificial sinew.

thanks for looking.
Ste

DSCF0762.jpgDSCF0763.jpgDSCF0765.jpgDSCF0766.jpgDSCF0769.jpgDSCF0771.jpgDSCF0772.jpgDSCF0773.jpg

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
That is a gorgeous hand made bag. Made with love by the looks of it. You should be really proud and we look forward to anymore leather work.

WoodsmanJim

Forager
Oct 27, 2013
Wirral
What a lovely bag! Made even more special for the love and effort gone into making it. A very special gift that I'm sure she'll enjoy for years to come.

Fantastic work.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE