Mini Analogue Casio TV 770?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Was chatting to my sisters son (13) about stuff we had in the eighties and they couldn't believe the mini TV.

Now Analogue TV is no longer available in the UK, is there a way to get my mini TV working?

It works on batterys but just auto scans white noise.

same as this:

84557440.webp

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
You need to buy a box that makes the digital signals to analog.
We did that because we did not want to ditch our B&O tv.

I do not know if you can buy a battery powered box though.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
For a desktop demo you could use a vintage Video Cassette Recorder, it would have a UHF modulator inside that puts out a very weak signal around Ch#21 and hook that up to a simple antenna.
If memory serves me correct (it's been a long time since I've been asked to fix a VCR) depending on the model UHF modulators typically operate with a supply between 5v & 9V so battery operation would be possible. Just need to feed it a composite video signal from somewhere.

Ebay of course has everything ...

Casio UHF colour hand held receiver and UH Transmitter low power transmitter £20

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-UH...033485?hash=item23c95ae84d:g:P6wAAOSwA-BdaSa1

Last edited:

Duggie Bravo

Settler
Jul 27, 2013
Dewsbury
I remember getting one for free when I bought something else.
Never used it until the Ashes of 2005, where I one upped another lad in the office who had a radio and earpiece to listen to the games.
Only problem was the screen was too small to see the R in the top right hand corner and I thought wickets were tumbling faster than normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE