MIFFED! - Pix ... URLs ??? Why ???

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
OK, this is getting right up my nose! I used to be able to upload pix directly from my computer, now everywhere is asking me for an URL.

I do NOT do pix from URLs. I have no wish to waste my time learning how. I wish to be able to upload from my computer as I can everywhere else on the net.

Please change this back.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Go to the thread or posts you have posted and then go to Edit.
I find I have to juggle the endings so that is there, etc.,

You can't load directly to the site; never have been able to apart from the gallery, the photo needs to be hosted somewhere else and simply linked here.

cheers,
M

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
It's why I've never posted pictures. Well apart from the time I sent the picture to someone who posted it kindly.

bilmo-p5

Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
check it out...

picpost1.jpgpicpost2.jpgpicpost3.jpgpicpost4.jpg

...then hit 'upload files'.

Attachments

• picpost4.jpg
    picpost4.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Noticed that after posting. Looks like it has changed since I last tried posting a pic

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I've always been able to upload to the site from my computer. Though only images upto a certain size and then it only thumbnails them like Bilmo just showed. It wont let me do it on PM's though, just the main forum. Its why i use photobucket.

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
I have a memory of being told not to link to an image as it used another person's bandwidth. Is this OK now?

boatman

Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Just seen that photobucket seems to permit linking so it must depend on the attitude of the website hosting the original picture.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
You can't load directly to the site; never have been able to apart from the gallery,

You can but, if memory serves, it's one of the benefits you get for paying a subscription to the forum.

Attachment created straight from my computer (As per Bilmo-p5's instructions) ...

Nickel on Black belt.JPG

And from an online host ...

Last edited:

copper_head

Feb 22, 2006
Hull
047.jpg

Direct upload (from computer) still working for me, as described by Bilmo... ​

Elen Sentier

Oh well ... seems like there's differences of opinion on it! I used to be able to click on the pic-link and upload directly. mohiar goat.jpg
And now it seems I can again ... just did with this goat.

What is going on? it seems there's all sorts of niggles going on under the surface, with the programming. Good luck with fixing :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
The picture stuff is nothing to do with any of the template niggles going on at the moment, Fm's can upload pictures and have always been able to.

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
I vaguely remember a limit that could be hit - as in one could only upload xxx number of pictures - once the limit was hit then to upload more some of the previous pics had to be deleted. Unfortunately I can't remember if that was on this site or some other VBulletin site.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE