Midge Repelling app in the BB market

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Just found a new app for BBs that emits a noise in a frequency range we can't hear but that repels midges. Called AntiMosquito. Not loaded it but thought someone might be tempted.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Doesn't matter if it repels teenagers or mosquitos it would still count as worth getting. :D

Loenja

Settler
Apr 27, 2008
forest row
dude those things are uncool, they hurt like hell if you can hear them.
Lonja
(im still 18 so i can definately hear them)

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Sorry Loenja, only joking. I thought they weren't considered legal anyway as they infringe a minority's human rights. I'm deaf as a post half the time so probably couldn't hear them even if they were an 808 base frequency. Or at least its selective deafness, comes on when someone is gooing on and on about what I must do. Always helps if I'm on the phone getting the earache and my laptop is on my lap firmly on BCUK of course.

I have never seen or heard those things. Nowhere I go has them anyway. I am not sure teenagers have been invented near me. Can't be that bad can they?? The mosquito thing not the teenagers.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
Definitely not illegal mores the pity, there is one at my local supermarket, very painful! I keep complaining but they won't get rid of it.. Even written to my local mp but no joy. Apparently nobody over 18 can hear them, but im 23 and have no problem. I can certainly see why the ultrasonic mouse repellers work!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Definitely not illegal mores the pity, there is one at my local supermarket, very painful! I keep complaining but they won't get rid of it.. Even written to my local mp but no joy. Apparently nobody over 18 can hear them, but im 23 and have no problem. I can certainly see why the ultrasonic mouse repellers work!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
Im 35 and can still hear them, the only way i found to sort the sound out was to avoid the supermarket!
Oddly enough the group of 16 to 18's stood outside paid no attention to it at all!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE