Metal workbench legs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
A bit of a long shot but does anyone know what these workbench legs may have been from? Ideally I'd like to see what the bench used to look like before putting on a new top, to see how they were used.

The legs are probably cast iron and very, very heavy - at a guess 40kg each, and I have three legs. The top is stepped, lower at the front. I've found a few similar on google (and very expensive) but none with a stepped top. I plan to clean them up and make a decent, very sturdy bench with them.

bench_end_1.jpg

bench_end_2.jpg

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Nice legs! definately industrial, domestic cast iron was always more decorative. I do like the step, a big clue as to their original function, are you going to keep it or use a spacer?

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
The step would be useful as it'll provide an ideal place to hold wood while cutting/chiseling etc. I'm not sure if it'll need to run the whole length of the workbench though. That is one of the reasons why I'd like to see what the original bench looked like, to see how the step was used.

I have a large number of vices to attach as well and the step might make the large ones a more usable height.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE