Member ranks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JakeR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
I think there should be different ranks for members, not just "supporting" and "full".

Perhaps (keeping all the non-donaters with the same ranks) all "Full members" and all "supporting members" gain certain ranks for support eg.....

FM = Tribesperson
SM = (something else :wink: )

Ideas?

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Do you feel that the FM and SM titles are a bit....non organic? I can see the attraction of having different names instead of the statement 'full member' I'd be interested in other peoples opinion on this, we could extend/modify the naming system we have at the moment. I'd also like a bit more info on why you would like it changed Jake :biggthump

Cheers :eek:):

Leon

Sep 14, 2003
Lincolnshire
Jake Rollnick said:
I think there should be different ranks for members, not just "supporting" and "full".

Perhaps (keeping all the non-donaters with the same ranks) all "Full members" and all "supporting members" gain certain ranks for support eg.....

FM = Tribesperson
SM = (something else :wink: )

Ideas?
....and then only the person holding the conch is allowed to post :shock:

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
i personaly became a member to give something back to bcuk after all the knowledge and help i have gained from the site and all the members i felt i would like to give something back to a great site and help in anyway i could to keep it that way bcuk :You_Rock_

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
he he, so you would like to have kept on going through the ranks as they were? Who thinks that just the symbol is sufficient?
Yeah Tone.... Thinking about it, the gold and silver starts on their own would be fine to denote subscribing members :biggthump

Ed

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
so Tone.. do you mean for example in my case i would have just a silver star and "Settler" back in its rightful place where it currently says "Supporting Member"?

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Sorry folks ... missed this thread so far.

What you are talking about is a good idea but currently I don't see a way of doing it with the setup as it is. The problem with vBulletin is that while you can belong to an infinite number of groups (so you can be a "Settler" and say a "Full Member") you can't have both displayed - one or the other.

... sorry!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE