Medium ALICE Pack with Frame from Armysurplusworld.com

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi lads,

I've been looking to invest in an ALICE PACK, preferably one with padded shoulder straps and padded kidney straps. Ive been looking at this one here http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=7250 (Ive heard theyre legit, if you've heard otherwise please say)

I love the woodland camo and the 3 exterior compartments, and the fact you can use it with or without a frame.

If anyone has got one of these, or has any thoughts about the pack and any possible weaknesses/strengths of the pack that would be appreciated.

It comes at the price of $94.99 which at the current exchange rates comes to about £67.41.

Alternatively, if you have any recommendations for a pack with all the features shown but; better quality, or lower price or just a generally better pack. Please let me know. I'm pretty new to bushcrafting but I think this is a good price and will last long considering the fact it is army surplus.

P.s I bloomin love the woodland colour of this pack and the general design (also comes in OD Green). Thoughts?

product.asp

Cheers,

Jordan

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
in common use by the bcusa guys

you could probably get one cheaper here as that price is without shipping or taxes

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
my last post has 2 links in it? you have to get the pack and frame seperately but its still cheaper

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Hi lads,

I've been looking to invest in an ALICE PACK, preferably one with padded shoulder straps and padded kidney straps. Ive been looking at this one here http://www.armysurplusworld.com/product.asp?ProductID=7250 (Ive heard theyre legit, if you've heard otherwise please say)

I love the woodland camo and the 3 exterior compartments, and the fact you can use it with or without a frame.

If anyone has got one of these, or has any thoughts about the pack and any possible weaknesses/strengths of the pack that would be appreciated.

It comes at the price of $94.99 which at the current exchange rates comes to about £67.41.

Alternatively, if you have any recommendations for a pack with all the features shown but; better quality, or lower price or just a generally better pack. Please let me know. I'm pretty new to bushcrafting but I think this is a good price and will last long considering the fact it is army surplus.

P.s I bloomin love the woodland colour of this pack and the general design (also comes in OD Green). Thoughts?

product.asp

Cheers,

Jordan

It looks real as best I can tell from the picture. That said the description is somewhat misleading. It's not made from 1000 denier. They were made from either 400 or 600 denier (more than tough enough to be honest but a bit lighter) It also seems to infer that the kidney strap is part of the pack whereas in reality it's part of the frame.

After searching around for a cheaper option as Corso advised, I noticed non of the other websites described it as attached, oh well though its still a good pack. Thanks for the info about the denier! Still cant find one with the colours shown on the original post. Shame really because it is a lot of money.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
Well I'm lost I gave you 2 cheap options for the two parts to the pack.you will end up with a extra set of straps but otherwise its exactly what you asked for?

my links were even in woodland camo?

I don't think I can give you more help if I bought, gift wrapped and hand delivered them.....

Last edited:

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Something doesn't quite look right about those straps but I can't put a finger on just what? (maybe I'm just still half asleep) The pack certainly looks original and a value price and the overall quality certainly looks good.

If if you mean the shoulder straps I totally agree ( could they be additions or the whole pack a Dutch or similar copy )
and I sure the there are hooks which I can remember seeing on a original US version

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
on close inspection looks like a y harness but the outer frame I linked to has the original straps

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I have an old issue ALICE buried deep in the closet somewhere. I'll have to dig it out later and try to figure it out.

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
on close inspection looks like a y harness but the outer frame I linked to has the original straps

Yeah those are 2nd generation or even later (much improved over 1st gen) Better padding, and the quick release on both sides as opposed to only the left strap on Gen 1.

OOPS!!! Sorry. I replied to the wrong post. This comment was reference to the straps on the frame you linked; not the pack!

11b inf

Jan 8, 2008
phx. az
sorry for the late post ..the rucksack the op gave the link to does not look like a genuine ALICE US issue rucksack.. the camo fabric looks off as does the nylon webbing and the snaps on the front pocket straps do not look robust as on a genuine ALICE ruck.. another thing I do not see is the "US" in bold letters is missing from the top flap..i would call the vendor and ask if the rucksack ALICE pack is a genuine issue item or not..vince g. 11B Infantry

santaman2000

Jan 15, 2011
Florida
sorry for the late post ..the rucksack the op gave the link to does not look like a genuine ALICE US issue rucksack.. the camo fabric looks off as does the nylon webbing and the snaps on the front pocket straps do not look robust as on a genuine ALICE ruck.. another thing I do not see is the "US" in bold letters is missing from the top flap..i would call the vendor and ask if the rucksack ALICE pack is a genuine issue item or not..vince g. 11B Infantry

Thanks! The missing US letters should have struck me sooner. Duhh.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
I bought my frame from the goarmy link above. excellent.

I bought my pack from the BAS link above, total crap. Be careful. Mine had loads of rips in it, and was followed by a load of excuses, and disbelief from the vendor. Sent me another in the end, which was not grade1 as advertised IMO, more like grade2.

They are a great pack, capable of doing a lot. I also got the tray which fits onto the bottom, and a molle 2 waist pad. All in Dpm.

Carrying boxes, or loads of firewood, or barrels, with just the frame and tray, You can add little pockets and pouches all over it.

Perfect bug out bag If you ever needed one.

Last edited:

Laurence Milton

Settler
Apr 7, 2016
suffolk
Just ordered a 65 litre Alice pack and frame from GoArmy through ebay....nearly £10 cheaper than on site and free postage; I hope it comes up as well as you say.
Has anyone any thoughts in comparing with the LK70?

dean4442

Nov 11, 2004
Wokingham UK
Look at the hellcat upgrade to the Alice pack, it makes it a great pack and really improved the comfort. The only change I would make is to use an American NBC roll rather than the bedding one. I keep looking at them but can't quite justify the postage from the us which is as much as the item

garethw

Settler
Hi there
Here's a link the pack I made up a few years ago... (based on the Hellcat conversions)

Medium Alice
Down East plastic frame
And Molle pack shoulder strap and kidney belt...

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73923&p=989080#post989080

I love this pack.. the genuine alice packs are bomb proof, I have a large one I got back in 1988 for fishing, from a surplus store....still going stong too.

cheers
Gareth

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE