1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our annual Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

marto brewer explora knife

Discussion in 'Edged Tools' started by andyc54, Jun 20, 2014.

1. andyc54

andyc54 Settler

Just got this today very happy with it bought it on a wim without research but had a look up about it and they seem a bit rare.the man who invented it Charles brewer-caritas is a real life Indiana jones who's made some amazing discoverys in Venezuela and holds a fire lighting record with sticks in 2.7 seconds !!!!
    Heres a nice story about his life

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/apr/06/charles-brewer-carias-naturalist-venezuela

heres a picture of my knife not the best quality picture but gives an idea it also has it's original survival kit unopened until I got it oooops and a compass in the cap

not sure of its value so if anyone has a rough idea would be nice but not really important :)

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

#1 andyc54, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  2. The Cumbrian

The Cumbrian Full Member

Nice find. I seem to recall seeing something similar (although they didn't seem to be as good quality) 25 or 30 years ago when I was getting into the outdoors.

Cheers, Michael.

3. andyc54

andyc54 Settler

These are from the eighties so maybe the same ones but certainly seems high quility and well made :)