Making Friends in the Wilderness the Movie by Adirondack Badger and GGTBod

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Well folks it's been a long time in the making, my first collaboration production is going live tonight on YouTube Premieres, its a brand new feature on YouTube and the broadcast will be accompanied with a live chat, I'll be there and hopefully so will some of the other stars of the movie, so grab your popcorn and get cosy, tonight 11pm GMT the show begins, chat launches approximately 30 mins before the movie starts if I have done everything correctly.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Check out this little trailer, tonight's movie premier is going to be great, if all goes to plan several of the folks from the movie will be in the live chat during the premier, come join us, hit that notification reminder on the links above so you don't miss it, enough waffle here's the trailer

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Just over 2 hours to go folks, make sure you don't miss it, the trailer is already getting great feedback, grab your popcorn and beverages and grab a paddle or a seat by the fire and be a part of it.

My first time doing something like this, Youtube contacted me last month telling me my channel was one of the Guinea pig channels testing the new feature so i thought i'd make something worthy and give it a go, it's an international collaboration, 4 cameras, 2 camerapeoples, 2 editors and 2 producers and about 40 hours editing back and forth across the Atlantic so i'd love your support to give it a good kick start, if you can join us hit that notification reminder button so you don't miss th start in your timezone.

See you all in the chat :)

atb

Rob

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Show starts in 10 minutes, so far there are 3 confirmed people who are in the video going to be in the live chat, there may be more, come join us for a fireside chat and reminsice who knows what behind the scenes memories will spill out or stories heard on film given more detail.

My last punt on this folks, hope you all have a great night :emoji_sunglasses:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Seriously no replies and no interest in this type of thing on this forum? Strangers meeting in the wilderness and bonding over fire and food and nature not your cup of tea :D not a single person interested :D fair game I won't bother you all again with my stuff, happy travels .

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Being a technophobe I had no idea how to access this or i would have watched your movie. I only have internet on my pay as you go phone so I'm a bit limited. Please don't get upset. Some things fly others don't. I've seen some posts with no repllies at all. Life can be a bitch now and then. I have arranged a camp with friends and been the only one thereall weekend. Lots of excuses but nobody mentioned real reason.. rain! Keep on and I'm sure you will build a following. Chin up . I know it's a big dissopointment when you have enthusiasm for a project and it doesn't go as hoped. Stay with us buddy!

Reactions: GGTBod

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'm not upset one bit, time is precious and I don't have it to waste, I don't like wasting time and putting effort into things in places they not welcome, like turning up at a clog dancing party dressed for disco :) i got a happy little following already I just thought i was sharing something here with like minded folks and i was obviously wrong :) no big deal I just know better now not waste my time and effort here in future with things like this.

Thorgrim

Dec 12, 2015
London
Hi, just watched the video. Looks like you all had fun in the snow.

Not really sure about the live chat feature, never seen if before on YouTube.
Many videos have horrible comments posted so I would be worried about people Trolling the video while it is playing.

Well done for trying out the feature.

Reactions: GGTBod

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
A belated watch of the film! I really enjoyed it, especially the campfire sequences...

Thanks John, i think that is the most bacon i've seen cooked for so few people, that is not a complaint :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I'm not upset one bit, time is precious and I don't have it to waste, I don't like wasting time and putting effort into things in places they not welcome, like turning up at a clog dancing party dressed for disco :) i got a happy little following already I just thought i was sharing something here with like minded folks and i was obviously wrong :) no big deal I just know better now not waste my time and effort here in future with things like this.

Don’t sweat it mate. I’ve seen the thread several times and not looked in. Thus I hadn’t realised it was an event you’d planned, with chat, a new thing on YouTube etc. I’d assumed it was a vid of you guys out there doing the thing and earmarked it for a view at some point. I do this with Nobbys Isle of Wight camping tales, pop in and have a look when I feel like it. It’s possibly for the best that Nobby doesn’t do a live chat thing to be honest. :27: :D

What I’d do is put more info in the title about the live event and video. Like with sales threads, you need to turn heads immediately or may not get your feedback however good the product is.

Last edited:

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Don’t sweat it mate. I’ve seen the thread several times and not looked in. Thus I hadn’t realised it was an event you’d planned, with chat, a new thing on YouTube etc. I’d assumed it was a vid of you guys out there doing the thing and earmarked it for a view at some point. I do this with Nobbys Isle of Wight camping tales, pop in and have a look when I feel like it. It’s possibly for the best that Nobby doesn’t do a live chat thing to be honest. :27: :D

What I’d do is put more info in the title about the live event and video. Like with sales threads, you need to turn heads immediately or may not get your feedback however good the product is.

Thanks mate i really appreciate the thought out feedback there as i'm trying to grow and develop and that stuff is vital, i'm terrible for my minimal info titles that's for sure, i guess i think folks are as curious as i am and if you give too much info there is nothing left to be curious about :D

Apologies for my late reply, i was doing this for 4 hours yesterday and by time i got in the house i just managed to crawl into bed, still haven't cleaned my wetsuit :aarghh: yet :bawling: it's in a sealed dry bag since yesterday :poop:

:emoji_projector:Available in 4k UHD smoke em if you got em :emoji_film_frames: only 28 seconds long so easily bufferable on any connection if your kit and kaboodle is capable of displaying it :emoji_desktop: :emoji_iphone: :emoji_tv: :emoji_computer: unless you're still using these as your main storage media :emoji_floppy_disk: :emoji_file_folder::emoji_file_cabinet: :emoji_vhs: and this is your phone :emoji_telephone:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE