makers mark help (again!)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hey all i need your help. about a year ago i ran a wee comp to come up with a makers mark but it ended up turning into a large sigil:
cavegoat.png

i enjoy carving this into personal stuff but is too big to stamp onto work for customers.

now i cant draw to save my life so im asking for help to come up with a small and simple makers mark. for those of you who have seen my work i use a lot of runes and viking symbols. i want it simple involving something along the lines of runes, ogham, goat prints (would be braw but iv found it impossible to work them into a simple design), or a valknut as its the symbol of Odin. i love using the valknut but on its own it isnt very personal and i have no ideas how to personalise it without messing up the design here is my best attempt with paint:

valknut.jpg

any creative input would be great and i may even come up with a prize or two to make it interesting ;)

Jan 9, 2009
Perth
Its simple man, just use the figure 8 to represent your two bums. Ahar har har
But really I reckon you should focus on the goat aspect somehow, it's your theme and persona indeed. The Norse stuff is tasty and has history but it could be anyone's makers stamp thingy, the half goat is you and unique.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
goat.jpg

im no artist but i thought it was too long and had too much shading. from looking at goat hoof prints, i think they are a little boring for a MM but thats only my view. so here is my butchery job in paint

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Gabrielo thats nae too shabby i do like it. but im a fussy ole sort as usual, i find makers marks that are more circular easier on the eye as if they end up a little off centre it still looks okay

Barethrills thats looking braw! im not too sure if its still too big for a makers mark as its got quite alot of detail. i may see if i can get some stamps made up and see how small i can get that cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE