made some char cloth tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
so i took an old t shirt cut it into strips, rolled them up then popped them into a altoids tin, popped a hole in the top(i dont think this was needed as the hinges are holes on the tin) then stuck it on top of my web tex warrior stove. i did it first on a low heat for about 4 mins then stuck it in a tin foil boat to cool off without oxygen. turns out it wasnt enough time on the heat as it wasnt 'cooked' enough. so i stuck it back on a higher heat for about 7 mins let it cool and its come out a treat. few pictures below

tom.moran

Settler
Nov 16, 2013
Swindon, Wiltshire
yeah very well, i tried to get the smallest sparks with my ferro rod and it took straight away. it should take a spark from a flint and steel too. im trying to put a pair of fire kits together for me and my step son. got a few big cramp balls drying out too.

atlatlman

Settler
Dec 21, 2006
ipswich
Those cramp balls are brilliant bud and you have just given me an idea. I've just finished making a fire piston so I'm going to try a piece of cramp ball. Just got to find one.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE