Love it or hate it....Grylls Ultimate Fine Edge £42.72 inc shipping

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
i take it your on about the knife andy so do you think its a good knife as ive never handled one but i think most rubbish it because of bears involvement with it rather than how good the knife is.
ive always liked the look of it (i would say more modern than action man as some put it) and at that price maybe worth a punt so nice heads up

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
JohnD did a review on here some place of the serrated version which by all accounts performed very well, much to Johns surprise...

the knife looks good for a modern survival knife which is well thought out, small enough to carry with ease but big enough to use all round, and strong enough to take a good battering. im thinking of getting 1 for myself based upon the review, will make a good kayak knife to strap to my BA.

worth a go if you can afford the price i think.

regards.

chris.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
I have played with the plain edged one at the Bushcraft store in Enfield, felt OK, and I have the compact version which I find very comfortable to use, it even replaced my Fallkniven WM1 as my go to small knife. The definitive review of the serrated version, which is practically identical, comes from members here by the user-names JonathanD and Southey, http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78012&highlight=grylls+ultimate+knife As you say, many rubbish it because of the association with Bear Grylls, and Gerber in general, but your basically getting a slightly better Gerber Prodigy with more toys for a cheaper price, and lots of people like the Prodigy (with the exception of the serrations,read the comments on Gerbers website). Another thing is I have several Fallknivens', Bark River, Enzo and other knives, but I get mildly paranoid about using them in case of damage (chips and anything requiring regrinding them), the exception being the Grylls compact I have which I have used to do things I wouldn't to another knife, such as placing in a fire to split and position a straw log, or as a prybar when I had no other choice.

I need to learn to type faster :p

Last edited:

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
Talking of the compact, looks like they have it for £22.88. Go on, you know you want to :lmao:

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
cheers lads im really tempted just need to convince the miss's now i need one lol but think i maybe pushing it getting a compact one aswell !!!
chris get one (say its for the little one for when he gets older lol) then let me know what its like.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
lol....i tried that she said next month....:):):):):):):):):)

im getting the folder though, ready for afghan and opening the 6 million boxes while im out there....:(

but i will get the fixed blade at some point out there.....:)

all the best.

chris.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE