Lots of Spoons!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
I've got into the habit now of whittling a spoon whenever I'm out bushcrafting.

With the exception of the 'Forgewood (April)' Spoon which I am still finishing at home from this weekend, these are my others (along with the few that I've made at home and my first attempt).

IMG_1980.jpg

2 x salt spoons (Birch) - one for me and one for my mum (easy to see which was the first attempt and which was more refined!)
IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

The 'First Attempt' Spoon (Apple) - has warped and cracked slightly as I think it dried too quickly.
IMG_1997.jpg

The 'Neil Twist Wowo' Spoon (Birch) - Started by Neil1 at Wowo in April and gifted to Pinky (pic of the original is second from the right here - I've finished it up slightly and made it more ergonomic.
IMG_1988.jpg

IMG_1989.jpg

The 'Wowo (March)' Spoon (Birch) - first one made under instruction from Neil
IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

The 'Dartmoor (April)' Spoon - I love the wood grain on this! First time using my GB hatchet on the blank
IMG_1992.jpg

IMG_1994.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

Enjoy - I have! :)

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Nice work.

I know what you mean, I've just begun the art of spoon carving and have just finished my third effort (currently oiling it).

It's a nice feeling to look at something you made from scratch isn't it?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE