Lots of leather Pouches, Bags, Belts, Arm Guards, Axe Loops

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
I have some stock left over from doing a couple of markets this summer, so they are all up for online sale now until I next book any markets. Albeit most of it is viking styled, but most can be worn in normal circumstances and you wouldnt know it was 'viking'. They are also up for sale on Etsy, but I like to offer a little discount on BCUK :)

All prices include UK postage, which is 1st class recorded delivery. Add £5 for overseas shipping.

Please PM me to secure.

1. Lewis Chessmen belt pouch. £95
Based on viking 'birka' style pouch with a few twists. Hand carved mirror image of the Lewis Chessmen beserker who is seen biting his shield. The whole thing is made from 3mm veg tan and saddle-stitched. The belt loops are attached with sturdy copper rivets and the closure strap has been braided. Dimensions: approx 6 x 5 x 2 inches.Will fit any belt size.

HalfGoat Pouch Lewis Chessmen 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Pouch Lewis Chessmen 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Pouch Lewis Chessmen 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

2. Basic Birka Style Pouch SOLD

A basic birka style belt pouch. This is plain, but made with a beautifully grained cowhide. It's approx 3mm thick, sturdy but also very soft with a nice rustic look to it. Saddle-stitched with plain fittings. Will take up to a 2" belt. Dimensions: approx 6 x 5 x 2 inches.

HalfGoat Plain Birka 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Plain Birka 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

3. Basic Birka style pouch fully stitched edge £60

Same as above except the edges are stitched all the way around for decoration and this pouch is much deeper for a larger capacity. Dimensions: approx 6 x 5 x 3 inches.

HalfGoat Birka Stitched 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Birka Stitched 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

4. Waxy Pull-up birka pouches £65

More birka style pouches. I have two of these which are totally identical. These are made from 2.2mm trail waxy pull-up leather which is impregnated with oils and wax making them fairly decent water/weather proof. When you squeeze or flex the leather it goes lighter in colour showing a beautiful rustic texture, which will return to its original colour afterwards. These have the same twin belt loops and braided closure strap. All saddle-stitched. Dimensions: approx 6 x 5 x 2 inches.

Note: I also have another one of these which is the same style as the plain brown birka pouches above with the single plain strap/belt loop. It's a little cheaper at £55 so let me know if you would be interested in one of those instead. EDIT: Picture below

HalfGoat Waxed Birka 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Waxed Birka 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Plain waxy pouch £55
HalfGoat Waxy Birka Pouch Plain by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

5. The Raven NOW SOLD

The back and flap are 3mm veg tan cowhide hand carved with a norse styled Raven in deep red, with the front and side made from soft vegetable tanned merino sheepskin, and saddle-stitched for durbility with a toggle closure made from red deer antler toggle and bead. Dimensions are approx 8 x 6 x 2 inches.
HalfGoat Pouch Raven by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

6. Rusesk Mjolnir NOW SOLD

The back and flap are 3mm veg tan cowhide stamped with Thors hammer and a typical viking Rus styled triangular stamping, with the front and side made from soft vegetable tanned merino sheepskin, and saddle-stitched for durbility with a toggle closure made with red deer antler toggle and bead. Dimensions are approx 8 x 6 x 2 inches.
HalfGoat Rus Style Pouch by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

7. Wolf Sporran SOLD

Typical sporran styled pouch with hand carved wolf symbol from 40k carved on the flap. All hand carved and hand saddle-stitched for durability. Dimensions are approx 6 x 6 x 2 inches

HalfGoat Wolf Sporran 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Wolf Sporran 4 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Wolf Sporran 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

8. Mjolnir Sporran NOW SOLD

Typical sporran styled pouch stamped with a thors hammer and tri-weave basket stamped edge. Hand saddle-stitched for durability. Dimensions are approx 6 x 6 x 2 inches

HalfGoat Mjolnir Sporran 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

9. Valknut Sporran sold

Typical sporran style pouch, but much larger than usual with dimensions approx 8 x 6 x 2 inches. Made with thick and durable shoe suede which has a great rustic look and feel to it. The Valknut has been gouged out. I originally filled in the carving with antique paste but noticed when taking the pictures some had come out, so i have re-dyed the valknut with black dye so it looks much cleaner. Hand saddle-stitched for durability.

HalfGoat Valknut Sporran Large 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Valknut Sporran Large 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Valknut Sporran Large 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

10. Plain Sporran now gone

Typical sporran style, again with the thick durable shoe suede. Regular size at 6 x 6 x 2 inches.

HalfGoat Plain Sporran 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Plain Sporran 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Plain Sporran 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

11. Waxy Pull-up Haithabu bag. both now sold

Made with trail waxy pull-up cowhide which makes this bag fairly decent water/weather proof. The leather shows a beautiful grain and colours when squeezed or rumpled, but will always return to it's original colour making it a rather unique hide. All hand saddle-stitched.

These bags are based on the historical hedeby/haithabu bag finds from the viking period. The wooden frames atop each bag act as the closure system. The leather strap is fed through the frames, which open along the strap. When the bag is released, the weight of it pulls both frames together and closes the bag. Because the closure works with the weight of the bag and tension of the strap, it is incredibly difficult for anyone to get their hand in the bag without lifting it up to release the tension. Therefor, it is reasonably pick pocket proof :)

Dimensions are approx (excluding wooden frame part): 9.5 x 9.5 x 3 inches. The frames add 2 inches to the height.

HalfGoat Haithabu Oil bag 1 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Haithabu Oil bag 2 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr
HalfGoat Haithabu Oil bag 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

12. Viking Belt
SOLD
Viking styled belt with Rus styled stamping and solid brass bucle made by Daegrad tools. 2cm wide and approx 60 inches full length. Will punch holes for custom fit.

HalfGoat Viking Belt Rus by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

13. Basket Weave Axe Loop sold

Simple axe loop with inner circumference of 23cm. Belt loop secured with sturdy copper rivets.

HalfGoat Axe Loop by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

14. Mjolnir Axe Loop all sold

HalfGoat loops by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

15. Mjolnir Arm Bracer SOLD

Made from 2.5mm sturdy vegetable tanned cowhide and hand carved with custom Thors hammer design, with a tri-weave knotwork border.
Dimensions: 13 cm (5 inches) long. Fully tightened, the top edge around the forearm will tighten to 21cm max, and the bottom edge towards the wrist 17cm. With the lace closure; it can be opened up to fit larger arms. Lace included.

HalfGoat Mjolnir Cuff 3 by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

16. Valknut Arm Bracers £35 each or £60 for both

I have two of these, both identical. Made from 3mm sturdy veg tan shoulder and hand carved with a Valknut; the symbol of Odin design, with a tri-weave knotwork border.
Dimensions: 16 cm long. Fully tightened, the top edge around the forearm will tighten to 25cm max, and the bottom edge towards the wrist 21cm. With the lace closure; it can be opened up to fit larger arms. Lace included.

HalfGoat Valknut Bracers by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

That's it for now. Thanks for looking. Send me a PM if there is anything you like.

Cheers
Hamish

Last edited:

Lupis

Forager
Dec 12, 2009
Scotland
Hi Hamish, goods turned up safe and sound. Lovely craftsmnship, the bracer is awesome. Almost seems a crime to hit it with a bowstring! :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE