Loch Lomond 18th-20th Dec

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Hi all,

Had such a nice peaceful time of it at the weekend that I thought I'd do it again.

Just a wee paddle about, some fishing, crash on one of the islands somewhere, have a wander and home by teatime on sunday. Heading out friday night if the weather's good, saturday morning if it's too windy for night paddling.

Spare boat, no real plan, yada yada........

:)
Josh

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Sounds excellent :)
One day I'm going to take you up on one of these jaunts :D Right now though I'm in mid hibernation mode :eek: and I fall asleep at the drop of a hat :rolleyes:

Hope it's calm, dry and clear :D

atb,
M

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Of course I don't mind, these trips are open invite. :)

Ended up on Loch Long. Given the weather it made sense to go to where the firewood is. Headed up the loch for a change, found nice wee bay sheltered from the northerly and watched the world turn white.
Took along some leather and made a good start on a luggage tube to fit through the hatch of the new canoe.

Only downside was cricking my neck on sunday morning. The paddle back wasn't much fun. If it hadn't been for the tailwind I'd have likely just crossed straight over and walked along for the car.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Of course I don't mind, these trips are open invite. :)

Ended up on Loch Long. Given the weather it made sense to go to where the firewood is. Headed up the loch for a change, found nice wee bay sheltered from the northerly and watched the world turn white.
Took along some leather and made a good start on a luggage tube to fit through the hatch of the new canoe.

Only downside was cricking my neck on sunday morning. The paddle back wasn't much fun. If it hadn't been for the tailwind I'd have likely just crossed straight over and walked along for the car.

Sounds perfect Josh, did you manage to get any pics mate ?

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Yeah, got a few, mostly just tracks in the snow but there should be the usual pan of the bay.
I'll piece it together but probably not tonight, it's been funeral central up here so a few pals and I are going out to bolster each others spirits a bit.

Really should get round to picking up a waterproof point and click.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE