Local bushcraft sites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hammock mad

Apr 8, 2007
wigan lancashire
Do any of you people out there know of any good sites to use our hammocks in lancashire, perhaps close to wigan, I have got the woods near me but would like to go further affield .Any help would be welcome thanks a lot Paul....

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
You could speak to Rangerman, he is a ranger at Beacon country park which I think is quite near you and bushcrafter friendly, he is a member of BCUK. Other than that if you could try any contacts you may have with scout sites, most "normal" camp sites don't really cater for hammocks.

You need permission to camp even in a hammock and just turning up at a wood and setting up without permission would probably be classed as trespass :eek: , and wouldn't be allowed to be discussed on the forum. You may get some replies from people more local to you with better info, but it ain't that easy to find places to go :(

hammock mad

Apr 8, 2007
wigan lancashire
Thanks for that Andy I will get on to rangerman for some more info.I may get a chance to put up my hammock up at bispam hall at the end of the month if my wife comes along to share tent with my son as he is only in the beavers.Once again thanks a lot mate . Paul.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
Hi hammock mad. I live in Lancashire and it is hard to find a place to practice bushcraft and pitch a tarp / hammock or bivvy down. My best experience was at a northwest meet. There has just been one but with the longer nights and the better weather on its way I'm sure some kind sole will organise another PLEASE :D

ATB....Stu

william#

Settler
Sep 5, 2005
sussex
hey hammock lovers
i have sadly gone back to ground with my bivi bag - just allows for more discrection.
would be great to open woodland for use for roamers but this would be abused pretty darn quick.
is it my imaginatin or are there a hell of a lot more game keepers around these days ?
or was i just better at avoding then when i was younger

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE