Lixada Portable Stainless Steel Lightweight Folding Wood Stove Pocket Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xairbourne

Jan 10, 2006
Pontypool
www.youtube.com
I have been looking into getting a pocket wood stove for making a brew and chilling in the woods, I came across this on amazon -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Lixada-Por...8&qid=1482155964&sr=1-3&keywords=lixada+stove

£10 hmmm... will it be any good? Well for £10 I took a chance and I have to say it works well as long as you do your fire preparation and have it all ready, and extra to keep it going.

I made a video review of the stove in action, if any of you have trouble sleeping.:lmao:

https://youtu.be/jzYMesontxU

Cheers

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
After struggling to get on with the Lixada woodgas stove, I got the bigger version of this (£12.99 IIRC) and really rate it.

Have had it burning for 7-8 hours at a time cooking stews in a 14cm zebra pot, making charcloth and just playing around.

A bit heavier and bulkier but can handle some bigger sticks (small logs) and once going is happy to take quite damp stuff.

Great little stoves. :)

Last edited:

outdoorbum

Dec 20, 2016
UK
The stove is a fraction of the price of some other similar style camp stoves. Weighs very little and fits nicely into my station's nesting pots, or my zebra Billy can.. This Lixada Stove Review sums it up pretty well

johnnythefox

Mar 11, 2011
England
looks useful, I dug out my original issued hexamine stoves yesterday.

I still love the smell and I still thing people underrate them.

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Nice review :)

Does the trangia burner fit the top plate, thought it came with a metal dish for gel fuels or hexi tabs.

Tonyuk

Settler
Nov 30, 2011
Scotland
The woodgas stoves are very good. If camping not far from transport they can be filled with wooden cat litter pellets and once they're going will burn well for about 30-45 mins Plenty of time to do a full fry up, plus brew, plus hot water for a shave and wash up.

These stoves are very good;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...977337?hash=item3ad25658b9:g:VywAAOSwcLxYGbmT

I use one with a mini trangia in place of the stand it comes with. It packs smaller and is more windproof. Mine came in a cloth bag so it keeps the small frying pan from getting scratched by the old stand which wore it out pretty fast. It also means i can burn wood if the meths runs out.

Tonyuk

mowerman

Aug 23, 2015
Shropshire
I have got one of those larger lixada stoves, seems a bit heavier than I expected but works a treat with my little kettle on top for a fairly quick brew up. DSC_0084.jpg

The woodgas stoves are very good. If camping not far from transport they can be filled with wooden cat litter pellets and once they're going will burn well for about 30-45 mins Plenty of time to do a full fry up, plus brew, plus hot water for a shave and wash up.

These stoves are very good;

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-...977337?hash=item3ad25658b9:g:VywAAOSwcLxYGbmT

I use one with a mini trangia in place of the stand it comes with. It packs smaller and is more windproof. Mine came in a cloth bag so it keeps the small frying pan from getting scratched by the old stand which wore it out pretty fast. It also means i can burn wood if the meths runs out.

Tonyuk

Just got one off Amason very good fro the price has the Cubs using it last night is definitely thin on the steel gauge but keeps the weight down and will see how it holds up but for 14quid cant really complain

Better than my ember-light in how it goes together which is a PITA slotting all sides and you get soot everywhere

still prefer My Home made Hobo from an ASDA Drainer pot no assemble and fits snugly ove the 12cm Billy to take up virtually no space all mess inside

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Just to offer a small note of counter balance, I tried one of these stoves and really didn't get on with it. Using small twigs I found that the feed rate between starving it of fuel and smothering it was a very fine point to find. On one trip, 3 of us failed to get a pot of water to boil on due to a strong wind and struggling to get that sweet spot of fuel input. Eventually I sold mine on in the hope that someone else can make better use of it.

Some say to just use wooden cat litter pellets, to me that defeats the idea of a biomass stove, if you're carrying the fuel, you defeat the idea of being able to forage for fuel as you go... Perhaps that's just me.

Good luck.

J

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Cat litter gives a good charcoal base to keep the smaller, damper sticks going, which in turn ensures the wood gas burns. In a way carrying cat litter is like carrying hexi blocks.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Cat litter gives a good charcoal base to keep the smaller, damper sticks going, which in turn ensures the wood gas burns. In a way carrying cat litter is like carrying hexi blocks.

It is, except a hexi block enough to boil the kettle is about 15g. You're not going to get much fire for 15g of kitty litter...

J

Hammock_man

May 15, 2008
kent
Asda 3.50 for ten liters, 250cc per fire, 40 fires at 10 pence per time.... not a bad price for a fuel "add on". I do get the whole bit about taking fuel with you to a wood but having a known dry supply is not too bad an idea.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE