lidl tarp heads up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
My wifes just rang me at work to say she got me what they call a "shade sail" at lidl its a tarp with 2 poles for £20, like the vango ones.
Spec is

height 200cm
Size is 350cm x 430 cm
2000mm hydrostatic head
Weight all In with poles, pegs, bag and guys 2kg so loose the poles its probably 1kg for the tarp at most

Will be having a play when I finnish work but im just chuffed she bought it for me on her own even though she twists I have to many tents/tarps etc :)

I will probably use it for extra space when family camping or using the pop up tent but we will see

Andy

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I went and got one this morning, we've pulled it out and it looks like it's good value, I've not strung it up yet so don't know how it is in use but will do very soon. Pegs are rubbish, although they'll probably hold ok if you get them in without bending them, they're quite wide and an angles profile so they'll hold in loose ground better than thin ones, guys are ok and the poles are poles, most of the 2kg weight is in the poles and pegs, the tarp itself packs down quite well and isn't a bad weight.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Im off to get mine now......... before they all go :)

Our lass got the last one :)

Cheers for link on my mobile so could nt add one

I thought the pegs would be rubbish and poles might not be strong to save money but aslong as the tarps good tony I will be well happy :D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Had one a couple of years ago, great value for money. They are selling vacuum sealers just now for £19.99 too, well worth a punt.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Had a set up in garden well impressed for the money will be great for a communal area
20130617_150702_zps90c72f9d.jpg

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
I picked one up early this morning after seeing it on their website. Looks like great value for money for a group shelter or 'tarpology' experiment :)

I brought it home, and then immediately chucked it on the table, cos while I was at work my OzTent arrived, which is a much bigger and shinier toy!

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Grabbed the last one from a Sheffield store today.....put it up.....mostly impressed for the money.....as good as a DD in some ways.....

Sadly mine has several small holes in a cluster....and some distortion in the surrounding material.....arrrrgh. going back tomorrow.
mapaqyny.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4 Beta

leedsbrew

Forager
May 15, 2013
Leeds
plenty in the Heckmondwyke lidl this aft. I.... however forgot to bring my wallet! DOH! going back on Thursday!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE