Leeds 03/01/14 - teach a newbie day

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
I've been steadily putting together a little site to play with over the last week as i'm a complete novice to the craft. I'm hoping to put in a good few hours tomorrow finishing it off and then maybe cooking something on the fire, if i can actually get one going this time hah.

I'd be more than grateful for some company, conversation and maybe a couple of pointers. So people with patience would be highly desirable. I have a very basic kit, even more basic understanding of the craft but a huge appetite to learn and improve. So this could be the opportunity for one of you to have your own pupil or even future partner in crime. Also just to point out, that due to the items i actually possess, the "meet" will have to be a one day only affair and not overnight. Just figured i should mention it so people were aware :)

Here's the thread detailing my progress and journey so far, if you wanted to learn a little about me and my ability before you decide to tag along...
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116688

There might even be a little bit of whiskey in it to keep warm ;)

Hopefully hear from a few of you soon.

Mike

Last edited:

Coldfeet

Life Member
Mar 20, 2013
Yorkshire
Shame I'm busy, otherwise I would love to pop along. Being a "noob" as well, it would be fun to meet with fellow bushers :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
Would've quite happily come along to join you, but Leeds is bit far for me (I don't drive). If ever you fancy a trip down the M1 I'll quite happily trade a little knowledge for a drop of whiskey :)

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Maybe next time then Coldfeet.

Whiskey is worth knowledge any time of the year to me Shaggystu so i'm not surprised that peaked an interest haha

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
I have really crappy work hours and dont have knowledge of shifts enough in advance to plan a proper meet up. Until my hours settle down i'm gunna have to settle for impromptu last minute dealies but the Otley meet is on my to do list :)

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
haha, i would if i drove :)

pm'd you

*edit* the offer still stands as nobody has taken me up on the offer yet :(

Last edited:

fergsuk

Forager
Dec 21, 2013
Leeds
Heading out now if anyone can make it last minute. Will have my phone with me so can pm my number to arrange a meeting point.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Hi Mike. Would have much preferred to be out rather than working today. :cool:

I'm in North Leeds so maybe next time. Looks like a good spot you have found.

I've a few skills I'd be glad to teach you and I'm sure I can find some bits of bushcraft kit you can give a home too. If it's stuff I've made it will give me a chance to practice making more.

Hope you you had a good day out

Stuart

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE