Leatherwork Course Coupons - South Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Hi BCUK,

Due to the success of running leatherwork courses in Norway and the unexpected demand I've had lately, I've decided to start running more at home in Scotland.
To promote this, I am selling unique hand tooled leather coupons for 1, 2, and 3 day courses with me. These can be bought for yourself, or as a gift for another. Perfect for xmas gifts ;)

HalfGoat Course Coupons by Hamish Odinson, on Flickr

Course details:

1 Day Course: £75
A 1 day course can offer an introduction to basic leatherworking tools and skills such as preparing and cutting out patterns, basic leather tooling/carving, stitching, and finishing products.

2 Day Course: £140
A two day course offers the same as a one day course, but is structured around creating a specific project from start to finish. This is usually an item that will cover all basic leatherworking skills and is achievable within the timeframe such as a pouch, sporran, wallet or belt. If you have a specific project in mind you would like to make on the course let me know beforehand to discuss.

3 Day Course: £200
A three day course offers the same as a two day course, but is for large projects such as bags/satchels or for more intense projects which require more time such as intricate carving projects.

My courses are based at my home in Canonbie in the south of Scotland. Each course is a one-on-one session so that you have my full attention and can get the most out of your day(s). Each course is entirely flexible to your needs, and starts with a tea or coffee and a chat about what you want to achieve, and how we can make it possible. I give a run through of tools and techniques, and we choose a project you are happy with to work on for the course.

All tools, materials, tea/coffee and snacks are provided :)

Thanks
Hamish

Dreadhead

Thanks fellas :)

Regarding accommodation, there is a reasonable hotel a mile down the road if folk want privacy, or I'm more than happy to put folk up here in the house providing they don't mind an old dog and a cheeky kitten (both excluded from workshop for working).

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
Bump! :D

I've asked Father Christmas to help out on this one... hopefully I'm off the naughty list now.

Monikieman

Jun 17, 2013
Monikie, Angus
I got my voucher today and the voucher itself is superb!!!! Really looking forward to the course. Might need to make the voucher into a leather patch:cool:

Thanks again Hamish.

Dreadhead

Bit of an update:

I'm running a small workshop in Langholm on 12th march making bracelets and the like. I'm also moving house 30 miles west to Dumfries to a bigger property so courses will also be held at my house there, with the possibility of taking bigger numbers at home perhaps 2-3 people at a time if interested

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I wish you all the best I've always admired your work. It's a great idea to run the workshops, maybe one day I will be able to come to one. Good luck.

Dreadhead

What kind of workshop space do you need bud?

depends on the size of courses really. I've managed to run workshops for 4 people in my viking tent, but more space is always better. But there are several craft shops and charities looking to hire me this year, so I'm in negotiation over dates and costs at the moment as it means I can also have them advertise and promote the workshops. I'll post up on BCUK when things become official :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE