Leather Water Bottles.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Caught up on some hot dipping tonight. Eight water bottle waxed. Four from I recent course I ran, a coupe of demo ones and a couple of commissions.
Hope you like.

waterbottles.jpg

The big one hold two litres.

Last edited:

Bardster

Native
Apr 28, 2005
Staplehurst, Kent
Excellent! The Mary Rose bottles are obvious, but what is the historical origins of the other squarer ones?

Eric

Thanks Eric, that means a lot coming from you :D The two on the left are actually based on your pattern that I found a few years ago on the net.

The two bottom ones are a pattern I made about ten years ago based on a couple of CD's (the design of which can be found in issue one of the BCUK magazine!) It was used and approved by the Viking Society although has not direct historical provenance. There is a dark age pottery water bottle in an Irish museum complete with stitching marked in the clay that is a very similar shape. The large 2 litre is just a variation on the theme.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE