LARGE bag of leather - Northants area

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
I can't afford to ship my leather with me when I move to Australia later in the year so I'd like to offer it here. It's mostly chrometan with a few bits of veg in there, lots of different colours and thicknesses, sizes from small offcuts to quite large hide sections (especially the black).

I am open to offers. What I really want is a good working knife, maybe some carving tools, nothing too heavy :)

The leather weighs a lot so not really good to ship. I'm halfway between Northampton and Milton Keynes, right next to Salcey Forest.

Anyhow, here's the leather...

Image0306.jpg by r.wolf1970, on Flickr

Oh, there's a 12" ruler at the bottom of the pic for scale

Last edited:

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
(sigh..) Wish I was closer, would have loved to get my hands on a bag of offcuts like that.

I got a bag of offcuts fairly similar a few years back from a handbag maker.

Indoorsout

Settler
Apr 29, 2008
Brisbane, Australia
Bump... I am willing to look at other stuff, as long as it's lightweight and practical :) Remember, in a couple of months everything I own has to be pared back to 27 kilos (luggage and carry on) so I really am watching the pounds (or even grams). Most of my tools, including (rather stupidly) both my bushy knife and my nessy, are currently somewhere in a container between here and Australia and I only have my 1½" carving blade in the UK... And for the first time I'm within walking distance of a forest... Just my luck :p

Hence the preference for a decent knife!

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
I don't believe that you are allowed to take a fixed blade knife on the plane in your main luggage. I am out there now and I wasn't able to take mine.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Please PM me with a phone number I can call you on r.e. the leather. Hopefully we can sort out a deal. My guess is you're in Hartwell if you're right next to Salcey. I'm only a 20 minute drive away near Wellingborough ;) (and grew up with the old 'keeper in Salcey).

Edit to add : You CAN take fixed blades to Oz, in 'checked in' luggage. I went there on my honeymoon last October and took a selection of blades, including my 10" bladed competiton cutter with no problem whatsoever.
I've taken the comp cutter by plane to the USA, to Belgium, to Holland and to Oz in my checked in case, no worries. Other fixed blades have travelled with me in similar fashion to most parts of our little blue speck in space.

Just don't try leaving them in your hand luggage ! :lol:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE