Lanarkshire/Central meet ups

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi all,

Anyone interested in regular bush days/nights out in Lanarkshire/Central area. Me and Gerry (Gerry1965) are out every week at least one night usually either a hill walk and camp out or Clydeside just tarping and living out.

Get in touch if you wanna meet up.

John
Motherwell

Last edited:

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Yes indeedy!

I'm not far away down here.

Not so much the hillwalking at the moment but nights out,no problem.

There's certainly others from Ayrshire up for it,dependent on shifts etc...

Just say some whens and wheres.

Tom.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hi John, sounds good to me, where abouts are you talking about, im from Balloch now, but originaly am a Uddingston boy (for my sins) just give me a pm and let me know when..

All the best

Col.....

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
When I get my shifts sorted out I'll be well up for it but at the moment I seem to be working every saturday, in saying that though if you keep me informed I'll try to manage if I can.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi all and thats for replies to the post, :)

Ok next outing will be Brownlee Pond on Wednesday 2nd December 2009. Its near the Garrion Bridge down the Clydeside about 6 miles from Motherwell.

Never been there but am told its a good place for tarping.

Going so far are

1. John (ScottishA5) :lmao:
2. Gerry (Gerry1965) :22:

Add your name if your going. Meeting place to be arranged so if anyone has any ideas?

The aim is just to meet up with likeminded folk so its not a kit show or anything like that if you know what I mean.

Was out last night (25th Nov) in bad weather down Dalzell Estate and had a great first night under a tarp since my Army days in 19messtin. Im going up to recce the venue so any info on it is gratefully recieved.

Best wishes to all and looking forward to meet.

John
ScottishA5

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
i work all week too, so cant go!

Hold on im my own boss, screw it - day off for me i think - im in!!!!!!

Im travelling from Balloch, Loch Lomond so if anyone wants a lift in the landy, no problem.

looking forward to meeting you guys......

All the best Col......

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi all, :)

Ok looking good so far with plenty interest.

1. John
2. Gerry
3. Col
4. Barn Owl
5. Gill
6. Toddy (provisional at moment)
7. Neil (not on forum but a bushman)

Ill do a wee note to all in next cpl of days with more info ie best place to park, meet up times etc.

Im going to go up and recce the place so will take a couple of snaps for info to share.

Toddy has given me a lot of info too which I will also pass on.

Any more takers?

Best regards to all

John
ScottishA5 on the Bushcraft UK forum
Bare Fryingpan on the hammock forum lol

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Brownlee Pond Meet

Venue: Brownlee Pond Near Dalserf, Clydeside.

Meeting Time: 1000 am

Date: Wed 2nd Dec 2009

Meet up point: Car parking at Scottish Water Site

Hi all, ok went and recce’d the venue as haven't been there before. Its a very small pond/puddle lol with lots of trees surrounding it. Plenty space to get hammocks up or to tent down. Its been used by others as there are remnants of fires and shelters. There is a central point with logs surrounding what has been a fire. Id say that in the warmer months the water would be a haven for the pesky midge as it appears to be stagnant, but will be ok this time of year.

The meeting point is a Scottish Water site access road. From the Garrion Bridge head north east on the A72 keeping the river on your left side. Travel along the A72 for 1 mile and turn left into what appears to be an old fashioned stone gatehouse entrance. Drive over the bridge over river clyde and travel up to where the road forks. There is the Scottish water entrance on your right and a road with signs saying “private”. Park up there as this is the meeting place. This is the best place for parking so the short walk to the site is a trade off.

The Venue is approx. one and a half miles from that point. It mostly follows the river clyde until the last say 300 yards wen there is a bit of a hill but nothing my granny couldnt do.

The Weather is to be quite cold and during the night may reach -2C so expect to be chilly and take the usual common sense precations.

The aim of the meet is friendship, skill and knowledge sharing, thats all.

Ive no idea what would normally happen regarding food so any suggestions please let me know. Ill be bringing my own rations anyway but assume we will be messing together and
brewing up together.

Im rambling now lol, hey any ideas or sugestions get em in :)

Any probs gimme a bell or drop me a line.

John :drive:
ScottishA5
Motherwell

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hi John,

great effort with this mate, im impressed, i will make sure im there, especially with all the work you have done on this and hope others think likewise.

Anyway looking forward to meeting some of you guys from the site as this will be my first meet up with anyone from the BCUK forum...

all the best and see you Wednesday

Colin...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE