Laminated blades for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I've got a few laminated blades left over from last summer's show season and I thought I'd offer them here. They aren't on offer anywhere else, so if you don't buy one from here then you will have to wait until the next show season (which is rapidly approaching!).

bladesnov11lam.jpg

The photo really doesn't do any of them justice :rolleyes:

Spec:

#1 Whittling blade (mild steel with O1 core) scandi ground but not honed (easier to do when handled) 2 1/2" edge, 4" OAL, 3mm thick £30 SOLD

#2 Mild steel with EN42J core, full flat groung and ready sharp 3 1/2" edge, 7" OAL, 3.5mm ish thick £50 SOLD

#3 As for #2 3 1/2" edge, 7" oal, 4mm ish thick SOLD

#4 7 layer blade, with mild steel and CS70 on the sides of an EN42J core. full flat ground and sharp 5 3/4" edge, 10"OAL, 5mm thick £70 SOLD

#5 Damascus blade of 60ish layers, O1 and 15N20, full flat ground and sharp. 3 3/4" edge, 9" oal, 4mm thick (with nice distal taper to about 1.5mm £100 SOLD

I'll post up dimensions in the morning :) I may be suffering from insomnia tonight but SWMBO is not and the blades are in her bedroom somewhere!

All prices include 1st class postage costs (or RMSD on #4 and #5) and PP fees

thanks folks

here's another pic of #4 as it has a false edge to the tip that isn't obvious
bladesnov11lamedge.jpg

Last edited:

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
right the whittler is 4" overall and has an edge of 2 1/2". Normally I have a few of about this size around, but this is the last in the house (may have a couple in the workshop needing grinding?)

I started replying to pms before I read this post, so if you gents could work out who is having this blade and let me know I will see what I have in the workshop tomorrow :)

thanks folks

I'll edit OP with dimensions now

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
Is no 5 the blade I saw(drooled over) when I was down over the summer? It was mightily pretty! Alas no cash around at the mo. Still not forgot to do the promised write up just been mightily busy, all will be explained when I do!

Adze

Native
Oct 9, 2009
Cumbria
www.adamhughes.net
Hi Dave, blade arrived safe and sound today - it's absolutely exquisite! Going to have to think quite carefully about handle and sheath to do it justice methinks.

Cheers!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE