KP6 solar storm

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I don't know if this is the right place for this but tonight there is forcast a kp6 solar event which means that the northern lights should be visible tonight as far south as Glasgow and Edinburgh. Possibly a bit further south. So this is a heads up to go out with your cameras and get some neat photos. If anyone gets some photos it would be great to see them. Good luck you lucky northerners. Sorry can't edit title which should read kp6 not kpm6. Dam phone can't spell!

paulds

Sep 28, 2016
Manchester
Sadly I won't get further North than Manchester so I hope people get some photos and share them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I don't know if this is the right place for this but tonight there is forcast a kp6 solar event which means that the northern lights should be visible tonight as far south as Glasgow and Edinburgh. Possibly a bit further south. So this is a heads up to go out with your cameras and get some neat photos. If anyone gets some photos it would be great to see them. Good luck you lucky northerners. Sorry can't edit title which should read kp6 not kpm6. Dam phone can't spell!

Above your post do you have a button that says Thread Tools?

You should do, it allows title edits.

Unfortunately I’m tucked away down in West Sussex so not much chance of seeing them.

I saw them very faintly once when I lived in Bognor. I had no idea what the shimmering was and put it down to railway sparks reflecting off the clouds. I caught the news the next day which said an unprecedented solar event had occurred and the Northern Lights were visible almost everywhere.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I just had to read it - my Son is a Senior Partner at KPMG and I wondered what was happening !!!!

You little minx.
Gotcha!:) I must apologise for my dyslexic phone. Only on this site does it play silly beggers. It realy annoying. Must invest in a pad one day then I can see all the message before I click post.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
After a week of sunny warm days and clear nights, we now have overcast for a week predicted.
Never mind. The sun rotates in about 30 days. That sunspot might spew for a month and we can try again.
Someday, I hope that you all get to see the Aurora Australis. Kind of wispy.

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Above your post do you have a button that says Thread Tools?

You should do, it allows title edits.

Unfortunately I’m tucked away down in West Sussex so not much chance of seeing them.

I saw them very faintly once when I lived in Bognor. I had no idea what the shimmering was and put it down to railway sparks reflecting off the clouds. I caught the news the next day which said an unprecedented solar event had occurred and the Northern Lights were visible almost everywhere.
Thanks mate. done it. ...I'm a complete stupid when it comes to this sort of stuff. Still I'm slowly learning.

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE