Knife of my dreams

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
So it all started with an idea, after 1 month of hard work it is done , here are some specs
Hand forged
80CRV2 Finnish Krupp high carbon steel
Zero degree scandi grind
59-60HRC hardness
Gaboon Ebony handle
Brass pins , tube and 0.5mm spacers
Covered with 5 coats of boiled linseed oil
Tapered tang
21cm from bottom to tip , 10cm recurve blade , 3,2mm thick
Best quality Polish veg tan leather sheath with basket weave decorations, burnished and covered with natural beeswax
I also think about making a matching huge ferro rod if the buyer will want one

Your honest opinion is more than welcome , just consider that it was all hand made , all made with files even the bevel , only power tool used was a drill to make holes

66ae3addb46d.jpg

394fe75e19e8.jpg
439634ceb9cc.jpg
676c928c35b8.jpg
c32ac1e684e3.jpg
cd0d0f70508e.jpg
89ad393d98e1.jpg

Reactions: Billy-o

Mowmow

Forager
Jul 6, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Looks lovely that, nice work pal.
I own a couple blades in that steel and its brilliant stuff. Make sure you dry it right away if it gets wet though as it will literally surface rust in a matter of hours.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Billy-o

Native
Apr 19, 2018
Canada
Pretty much the knife of my dreams too .. :) Not much to fault there and a ton to applaud .. like that recurve, or that mythical bit of ebony

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Thank you very much guys ! Also consider that is the first knife I ever forged :)
I battoned through dry walnut across grain and did the brass tube test for chips , went like butter and kept the edge

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Looks great!
Just note, that Krupp is a German company.. Your granddad might remember the old saying - Hart wie Kruppstahl..?
:)
I specially like that the sharp edge does not go all the way back.
Great size of blade. Good for 99% of tasks you can need a knife for!

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE