Klean Kanteen type stainless bottles-£3.60

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
B87480-B6-BBEE-4-E62-B59-D-81-C45-A459-D6-E.jpg

750ml compared with the 800ml of the Klean Kanteen. Steel seems to be of comparable thickness, absolute bargain at £3.60. Only in the gunmetal colour here, no idea if there are other colours available.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Chinese knock-off?

Designed in Australia apparently, but doesn’t say it’s made there. Though similar looking, they’re not the same at all. The Smash bottle from Sainsburys is different in quite a few ways, 50cl less volume, flatter base, a bit shorter in height. It’s certainly not a direct copy.

More here:

https://www.smashenterprises.com.au/our-story/

If it’s Chinese manufactured I wouldn’t be surprised at all, many of our favourite outdoor products are designed in their country of origin and then farmed out for the exceptional quality and cheap prices we demand. Usually from China. Many of our Spydercos, Benchmade knives, most of our torches, lanterns, stoves, sleeping bags, tents, boots, clothing etc are produced in China.

Reactions: Herman30

Modchop

Oct 17, 2013
Shropshire
Looks like a good buy, do you know if the caps are interchangeable? I wouldn’t mind getting one if they’re still available but prefer to use a sports type cap.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Looks like a good buy, do you know if the caps are interchangeable? I wouldn’t mind getting one if they’re still available but prefer to use a sports type cap.

I reckon it’s highly unlikely. These bottles have a very coarse, short thread set down into the neck. You can see it in the pic.

Jan 13, 2019
Gallifrey
Tell you what, have a search for the latest ‘healing’ fad for the wealthy well, Ayurvedic copper water bottles.

Explanations depend upon who is explaining but they look like they could get all Bushcrafty with a bit of wear and a few dents.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
Having several Klean Kanteen bottles (knowing what they cost) these really are for free, so to speak, for under 4 GBP.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
May be that they are identic with the stuff we can buy in Germany from Karstadt.

Looks similar and more or less the same price.

The ring rattles around in the closure.

I use 360 Degrees bottles. Not totally bombproof but light and cheap.
The 750 ml in the neoprene cover fit in the Robens 450ml titanium mug. I think, they will fit in the Tomshoo 450ml mug too.

This bottles are available in 1 Litres size too.

Large bottles are lighter than small ones if you compare the same volume in the end.
(Two 360 Degrees stainless steel bottles 1litre are lighter than three small titanium bottles with the same content!)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE