kit bits

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Just thought id tell you about my new purchases :shock: I bought a Carinthia 3 Gore-Tex bivvi http://www.finnrappel.fi/carinthia.htm today lovely pice of light weight kit friend of mine tested it out for a bushcraft company, ive had it out today coupled with a basha and a multi mat/sleepingbag its hard to beat for that open air feel !! also i bought a spork! :eek:): lol, its a titanium cross between a spoon and a fork i got it from Field and trek, round your kneck with a length of para cord youll never lose your eating irons again. also im testing a highlander 33ltr day sack ill let you know how it is(anyone else got one let me kow what u think) at 25 quid it seems a nice well made bit of kit plenty of features ][URL=http://www.silvermans.co.uk/Silver/docs/topframe.htm] check out forces 33 day sack on this link, air mesh back padding, waterproof cover ect.. how about reviewing bits of stuff youve just bought? Also!!!!! get yourself down to QD's its a highstreet cheapo shop LED lights for 99p and Carabina's with an LED torch fitted to it for £1.45 bargain :yikes:

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
Well I've got a pea green boat (Coleman Canadian Canoe) you bring the mince and slices of quince and we'll go for a picnic. But I ain't marryin' you :yikes:

dave750gixer

May 3, 2004
scotland
I carry a spork as EDC. Use it at work for my lunch and when eating takeaways when out on the wee.

Used to always carry cutlery as a student but too heavy and kept stabbing my side with a proper fork in my bikers jacket inside pocket. Changed to plastic but always broke. Recently discovered the Titanium spork perfect. Not as sharp tines so not as dangerous. light and tough

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Bit of a funny question but does the Spork hold liquid OK?

I wondered about getting one and if it was much use in the spoon dept? :eek:):

T

Tumper

Why is it a spork and not a foon?

Its a matter of durability and maintenance. Its neccersary to constantly buff foon's....Whereas Sporks, naturaly, live long and prosper.

Hogan

Tenderfoot
Jun 10, 2004
Scotland
Tumper said:
Its a matter of durability and maintenance. Its neccersary to constantly buff foon's....Whereas Sporks, naturaly, live long and prosper.

BRAVO !!! :) :) :) :rolmao: :rolmao: :rolmao: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dave750gixer

May 3, 2004
scotland
I've eaten soup and custard with my spork. The bowl is a bit shallow but it does ok. The shallow bowl probably being more of a problem than the gaps between the tines. For thick gloopy liquids no problems as they dont seem to flow through the gaps anyway . tines make it more difficult to scrape out those last morsels from the cup/bowl/pot though. Irritating with nice desserts.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
dave750gixer said:
I've eaten soup and custard with my spork. The bowl is a bit shallow but it does ok. The shallow bowl probably being more of a problem than the gaps between the tines. For thick gloopy liquids no problems as they dont seem to flow through the gaps anyway . tines make it more difficult to scrape out those last morsels from the cup/bowl/pot though. Irritating with nice desserts.

Cheers Dave, thats what thought :biggthump

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
Paganwolf :wave: ,

Do you've got any pictures of the bivvy you've bought? I'm looking for a good bivvy myself (Carinthia is high on my list, followed by the Survival Zone by Rab).
The link you've put in, works only half :roll:

On the Carinthia homepage there are also a few picies: which one do you own?
(At this moment, while typing this reply, the Carinthia page is down ... :nono: )

Keep us posted with your experiences with it!

(I've got a spork too!! :super: :biggthump - lovely piece of kit)

Cheers!

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi there Johan, Its the Observer bag on your link, slept out in it last night in the rain, no probs with leakage/condensation I got all my kit in it, a basha over it in real foul weather as you would with a normal Bivvi is recommended to administer yourself under, I love it :eek:): ,And its lovely to finaly meet another Spork owner :super: :super: :super:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE