1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kids Bushcraft Weekend - Manchester

Discussion in 'Bushcraft Chatter' started by Stevew30, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Stevew30

Hi All. My son loves everything "outdoors" and is desperate to do a father and son bushcraft weekend where we can learn how to build shelters, start a fire, prepare food and sleep overnight etc. There seem to be plenty out there, but I can't find many that allow children (10yrs old) or are based in the North.

Can anyone recommend a good place that we can try that is around 1 - 2 hrs drive from Manchester - so around Yorkshire / Derbyshire / Staffordshire etc...

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Pete K

Pete K Forager

3. pixelseventy2

pixelseventy2 Member

Hi. These guys do a family course in Staffordshire, less than an hour from me in Stoke. Sold out for this year, but might be worth contacting them. http://www.survivalschool.co.uk/bushcraft/family-bushcraft-course-2/

I did their weekend course a couple years ago, enjoyed it, hoping to do their 5 day wayfarers course in November.

-- pixel

4. Browedge

Browedge Member

We do Bivouac nights at weekend for our scouts, you have to build a den with whats around and sleep in it, Camp fire etc.
    You are welcome to join in.
    BB4 area, Burnley.

5. jmagee

jmagee Forager

Try Keswick canoe and bushcraft. Brockhole near Windermere often run sessions over the holidays too

6. The Ratcatcher

The Ratcatcher Full Member

Greater Manchester Bushcraft Group are a group based in Manchester. We have a Facebook group page /www.facebook.com/groups/BushcraftManchester/, and have monthly camps throughout the year. You've just missed this months weekend, I'm afraid, but the August camp is our annual week-long camp. Join the group on Facebook to see what we do, and you're welcome to come along. We allow kids of all ages, as long as they're with an adult. Hope this helps, and hope to see you soon.

Alan.