Kent meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Well, I've now had expressions of interest from 5 people. Which is about enough to make this worth giving it a go. Have picked out some locations on the map, will scout a couple of them out in due course, and then pick a date...

J

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
personally i prefer Blean to Kings as the latter is a bit too managed in terms of tree variety imo but wherever really. i found what looked like a seasoned spot not far from the hicks forstal road car park when i was up Blean last, maybe not the most stealthy as it was quite close to one of the 'off the beaten path' side trails but did have plenty of space for slinging hammocks and nice level ground for tents etc though. im popping down to the woods this weekend so ill have a look around.

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
I haven't met anyone on here yet. A pint sounds good, plus I'm sure we're all lovely people but probably a good idea before spending a night in the woods with complete strangers ;-)

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
I can pretty much juggle any day. I agree red, I can also imagine some odd situations arising from just approaching random strangers in a secluded car park and asking them if they're ready for a night in the woods :p

Steve.

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
I work random shifts & have random days and times off, If someone suggests a day/time can go from there. What is easier for others? What would be the most central town/pub for all of us? I'm in Broadstairs and don't mind travelling a few miles

crushthesystem

Forager
Nov 18, 2009
Maidstone, Kent
Well I'm in Maidstone so it depends on where the others are. Am happy to meet in the middle wherever that may be, at the moment I suppose it's around Canterbury somewhere?

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
I can pretty much juggle any day. I agree red, I can also imagine some odd situations arising from just approaching random strangers in a secluded car park and asking them if they're ready for a night in the woods

Steve.
Haha yea when you put it like that it makes even more sense to meet first. more than likely the car park we would of picked would end up being one with people hanging about for a night of dodgy goings on too! Well at least they'd get more than they bargained for with a bunch of well armed bushcrafters lol ;)

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
How does Monday 17th at the Ye Old Beverley, in Canterbury. You can park easily enough, yet it's not likely to be full of tourists or students.

Thoughts?

J

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
How does 1930 sound? Not too early that people can't get there after work, Not to late that we can't get home at a sensible time.

J

Red squirrel

Tenderfoot
Dec 18, 2012
Broadstairs
Should be ok for me too, I won't know for def til my new Rota comes out in the next few days as I work mid month to mid month but I'll see if i can request that evening off

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE