Kent group pub meet - 10th March

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Lesson learned from this evenings pub meet - Ye Olde Bev has a quiz on a Monday night and gets very crowded. So the plan is to try a different pub next month so:

When: Monday 10th March - 1930
Where: George and Dragon, Fordwich, Kent. - CT2 0DB

The pub has a large car park, serves good food, as well as a good selections of beer, and should be quieter on a Monday evening.
Those travelling by means other than car, the nearest station is Sturry, on the Ashford-Ramsgate line, an the pub is on National Cycle Route 1.

Hope to see people there.

J

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
This group is just starting out. If you were thinking of coming last night and bottled it or couldnt make it, nows the time. We didnt know each other and got on fine. Again, all are welcome whatever your level. If you fancy talking about kit you have (or not) and your experiences big or small, or any other random stuff come down. going for the grub by the sounds of it! See you there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realearner

Forager
Sep 26, 2011
kent
Pleased it went ok, what time do you meet? If not to late might try and get to the next one but work is going to be manic, getting old and body just can't take the abuse it used to.

ashby001

Forager
May 24, 2013
Faversham
Well as your a friendly bunch mind if I tag along next time? :D
Didn't realise you had organised one for yesterday till now or I could have nipped along as I'm only a few miles from canterbury

Jun 14, 2012
Kent
Well chaps I was thinking about comeing to this new group and properly getting involved in the kent bushcraft world and then today my car died on the m20!!! I have no transport and it's not looking good about it getting fixed any time soon!!! Maybe sometime in the future I could tag along but for now I am going to have to sit it out!!! Enjoy the pub.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
Never good. Its pretty casual so anytime just come along. Hope you get your car sorted. Planning to be a monthly thing and a few outings etc.

MarvTommo

Forager
Feb 2, 2014
Sittingbourne
@realearner. Thats fine, im the same, difficult just to get home for 1930 let alone ready and then pub. If you can make it great, just as and when.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Just a topic bump to remind everyone that the pub meet is this coming Monday evening. Hope to see lots of you there.

Julia

monkey spanner

Forager
Jul 4, 2010
kent
Hi Guys
I might be a bit late, say 8.30ish, you know what it's like, real life & that catching up with me.
See ya on Monday :)

Paul

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
Well chaps I was thinking about comeing to this new group and properly getting involved in the kent bushcraft world and then today my car died on the m20!!! I have no transport and it's not looking good about it getting fixed any time soon!!! Maybe sometime in the future I could tag along but for now I am going to have to sit it out!!! Enjoy the pub.

Don't know if it's any help, however:

Nearest station is Sturry, on the Ashford - Ramsgate line. From there it's a 5 minute walk up the road to the pub. There are also buses that go past the station from Canterbury, Herne Bay/Whitstable, Margate, and Ramsgate.

The pub is also on National Cycle Route 1.

J

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE