Just for a laugh,

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Just for a laugh,

SO what would you do if for 24 hours you have been immunity from all UK laws by the queen ,
(In layman's terms no laws applied to you for a day)

and no one could hold you responsible for any thing you did during that day.

so what would you do????????????

And why?

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
If school is compulsory by law (not sure about this), then I would take my kids out of school for the day and go and enjoy the great out doors with them
:thumbup:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Cruise, the byways of Ayrshire and Dumfries and Galloway without a tin lid on a Triumph motor sickle of any vintage with an over and under shotgun ready for catching supper.

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
If school is compulsory by law (not sure about this), then I would take my kids out of school for the day and go and enjoy the great out doors with them

School isn't, providing an adequate and appropriate education is. Taking children out of school without good reason is not legal because it is not in their interest. What do you think school holidays are for?

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
nothing at all differently, i behave the way i do based up on my own set of morals and standards, what i personally think is right and wrong, i have no need whatsoever for laws and statutes to tell me how to behave...........but this is getting very close to politics, so i shall step away!

interesting question by the way, it's one that tends to lead to some good debates, shame that this isn't really the place though :)

cheers

stuart

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
School isn't, providing an adequate and appropriate education is. Taking children out of school without good reason is not legal because it is not in their interest. What do you think school holidays are for?

What qualifies as a "good reason?" When I first came back to the States from England, my English GF pulled her 2 kids out of school for 2 weeks to come visit me. I took them to Disney World, Sea world, New Orleans, and fishing during the visit. We had a gresat time but do you think any of those would have qualified?

oldtimer

Sep 27, 2005
Oxfordshire and Pyrenees-Orientales, France
What qualifies as a "good reason?" When I first came back to the States from England, my English GF pulled her 2 kids out of school for 2 weeks to come visit me. I took them to Disney World, Sea world, New Orleans, and fishing during the visit. We had a gresat time but do you think any of those would have qualified?

Yes, when I was a Headteacher, I'd have approved this a good reason and good use of an opportunity to benefit the kids, but I'd have expected a solid feedback from the kids for the benefit of the rest of the class. This isn't the same as pulling them out of school on a whim because it's a nice day a you fancy a walk in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE