1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just checking in...

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcomes' started by quietone, Oct 13, 2018.

1. quietone

quietone Settler

Hey everyone. I thought I'd just post a few lines by way of explanation of my lack of interaction here. Not that I was very active anyway. I certainly have not even lurked very much as of late.
    The reason being, is that I'm now a very proud dad to a perfect little chap called Sebastian.
    Those that are in the know, are aware of just what that does to your life, your mentality, everything.
    I'm not complaining though, and I am still struggling to verbalize just how he makes me feel. It's certainly been a rollercoaster ride, easily the hardest thing I've ever done by choice.
    I'm at an age now, 51, where I was actively looking at early retirement, looking and planning all the trips that I've yet to do. That's all out the window now though, financial needs etc, and I think the trips will materialise more slowly. Or, maybe even speed the process up? Who knows, it's all to be done, relished and enjoyed.
    Hopefully I'm going to be able to get on the forums more, as I'm having lots of time now in between feeds :) Creative wise, that obviously will take a back seat, as is my outdoor stuff. But not for long, the lad will soon be nagging me to carry him up the hills. :)

Mods.. Please feel free to move this to a more appropriate place.

zornt and mikehill like this.
  2. mikehill

mikehill Nomad

Congrats, he'll have the perfect introduction to the countryside :)

quietone likes this.
  3. crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly A somewhat settled

Congratulations.

4. quietone

quietone Settler

Indeed Mike. I'm hoping I'll still remember some of the useful stuff by the time he grows enough for him to appreciate it.