Just a little update...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ive not been able to come online much recently, since christmas I split up with my partner, of three and a half years,
Moved out to my own house, and as I now have lots more out goings than incomings (it seems!) Im attempting a career change by moving into tattooing :)
Im happy with the changes in my life, and under the supervision of my new mentor I will hopefully be giving my first skin tattoo next month.

Yay!

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Glad to hear you're a lot happier Lindsey :) and good luck with the new career you've chosen. You've certainly got the artistic talent for it :D

phill_ue

Banned
Jan 4, 2010
Sheffield
I hope your ex is OK too. Still on good terms I hope?

Glad to know your career is taking an exciting new turn, I've seen your art and it is first rate. I hope you are content and enjoying your art.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I really can't think of anyone more capable of the artistry and attention to detail that a truly good tattoo needs :D

Sorry that things have been so drastic for you :sigh: sometimes though, new directions really need kick started.
Hope the future is rewarding :D

:grouphug:

Mary

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks Toddy!
Its hard to get into tattooing, its a very closed business and unregulated, but Ive found a guy to teach me and thats great.

I forgot to mention my sister is pregnant with her first child, which is how I got the house - she has had to move in with her boyfriend and so Ive taken over paying for the house, I guess everything just fell into place nicely. Things just fell apart with my boyfriend, he was working all the time and I felt like I was single doing everything on my own and being on my own but without any of the trappings of actually being single ;)
Its an amicable split but unfortunately he doesnt feel he can speak to me and hes been really upset.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Great news Linz... Your artwork is stunning, you'll make a fantastic tattooist... Kat Von Dee better watch out !! There's a new girl on the block !! :D

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I don't think break ups are easy on anyone, regardless of how right they are or how amicable. To some extent they leave everyone a bit raw and fragile for a while.

The best tattooing seems to be very reputation based. Bet you never thought you'd end up doing this when you were working for your degree :)
On the other hand, it's living art at it's most personal :cool: and on what diverse subjects :D

Can I ask ? What do would be tattooists practice on ? Or is it one of those trade secret best not known things ?

Doc taught some of us to stitch on a banana because it felt the same as skin, sortof.

cheers,
Mary

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
best thing to practice on is pigskin Toddy. You can use melons, bananas and fake skin or yourself as well but nothing is the same as human skin.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you :) It was one of those "Wonder what...." kind of questions that cropped up when I saw some of the really complex tattoos.

atb,
Mary

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
oh I so nearly typed a silly remark then...... Hairless cats indeed!!

hope everything pans out ok for you Lindsey these things are sometimes meant to be though it does not seem it at the time.

Take care.

Andy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE