Itchy woolen socks!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
Any bright ideas on how to make wooly longs socks less itchy

Oh and I know not wearing them will work best!!

They are new so would washing do it?

Andy

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Never noticed the itching.
I have noticed wool socks always give me blisters.
No other socks have ever done this.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I dont normally wear long woolen socks but I recently bought a pair of Muck boots that seem to blister my calves these long socks stop that but so bl@@dy itchy!!. To wear a second thin pair they would need to be as long as the woolen ones, so where form any ideas?

Andy

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
I dont normally wear long woolen socks but I recently bought a pair of Muck boots that seem to blister my calves these long socks stop that but so bl@@dy itchy!!. To wear a second thin pair they would need to be as long as the woolen ones, so where form any ideas?

Andy

regular footie socks from any sports shop would be long enough mate.

gaz!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
What sort of wool are they Andy ? I wear the long Ullfrotte merions with my Lundhags and they've been fine. The army arctic socks are good and soft too.

scrogger

Native
Sep 16, 2008
east yorkshire
I just Googled long wool socks and found a supplier who could send next day. They dont need to be technical or anything just long to stop the welly from naffing my calves up.
I will get some long sports socks maybe.

Its no big issue they are in the washer at the mo that may do the trick.

Where did you get your Ullfrottes from?

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Turn them inside out and iron them with a medium to cool iron. It burns off the hairy tickly bits and makes them less itchy as a result. This certainly works with sweaters; socks may require a little more care...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE