Is the server throwing a woobly ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
I've been trying to get in here for over 45 minutes, just let me in now, all other sites are fine.

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
I've had trouble getting in front or back doors for last couple of days (from home, works pc is fine) sever time out errors:confused:

Managed to get on tonight after about 6 goes

Is anyone else still having problems?

Cheers Richard

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
is it just me, or does everybody have trouble , i tryed login on and it would not let me ,,, thats the third or forth time this month alone. .. whats happenin with the server....

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Guys, a DOS attack, we have them every few months and we've had a few lately, a right pain, the site is still there etc but somebody(s) wants to cause us some agro.

Sorry about the inconvinience

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Yep, another one here with problems.

Haven't been able to log in, tried all sorts - logging in from the home page, clicking on someone's name then logging in, logging in from the forums - eventually it worked though :)

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
DOS attack? you pulled the ip's from your ISP?
they should be protecting you from this if its a regular occurence.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
It seems to me, as a user, that the site is under attack - although we have no details about the internals.

The server outages over the last days - at all times of day, look to me like "denial of service attacks". The spamming attacks are not just normal spam - the spammers are going through all the folders with their spam. They do not seem to be trying to really advertise, but to deliberately vandalise the site.

In short, these seem to be criminal acts which should be taken seriously.

Am I right in these conclusions?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
As an aside .....

Is it helpful for members to keep reporting the spam threads, or is it just making more work for admin having to read the reports when the attacks are so blatant ?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE