Interesting Idea

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
That's clever, an all in one system

Shame it only produces 1.5L a day though, useful in an emergency but not something you could use for your water supply.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I really doubt that, good idea though it may be, that the cost is something that folks most in need could afford. 49Euros for a mass produced plastic product ??

Interesting how their advert is promoting it as a good thing in the wake of Hurricane Katrina :rolleyes: It wasn't just salinity that was the issue with their water after that. Fuel, sewage, dead everything from plant to insect, animals and birds were all contaminants.

Yeah, I know, I'm discouraging, but 1.5 ltrs isn't a lot in a hot climate or where folks are working hard.

cheers,
Toddy

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
You could make your own using large mineral water bottles (4 ltr+) or stretch a transparent polythene sheet over a water filled dish (or wet soil /sand) with a recepticle in the middle & a small weight (pebble/ stone) just above it so the condensed water drips into it........remember too, bacteria can also be present in the condensation.

Last edited:

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
these are normally part of a life raft survival kit. the idea is you blow them up and float them behind while you wait to be rescued. They work brilliantly as long as there aren't any waves (the still is knocked about and the salt water floods into the clean water chamber)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE