1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey Guest, We're having our first ever Winter Moot and we'd love you to come. PLEASE LOOK HERE to secure your place and get more information.
    For forum threads CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice

Interested in sharing transport and weekend

Discussion in 'Introductions & Welcomes' started by Firstaslast356, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Firstaslast356

Hi all, my name is David and have just joined bcuk. I’m heading up to Scotland this year on this occasion just going for weekend / long weekend . Anyone of interested in coming along and sharing ideas and skills . I’m thinking of Galway forest . The idea is to build own shelter and get experience before longer trips . I will be taking my dog with me but would be great to link up with like minded . I have a Honda tourer and would be willing to share car with anyone or group interested in sharing fuel and ideas . I’m ex forces and have spent many a night under the stars . For more info get back to me cheers

2. crosslandkelly

crosslandkelly A somewhat settled

3. Madriverrob

Madriverrob Native

Hello and welcome from North Yorkshire .
    Galaway forest is a great location , there's a couple of bothies in there I think also ...................

Firstaslast356 likes this.
  4. John Fenna

John Fenna Maker

Hello and welcome!

5. Dreadhead

Dreadhead Bushcrafter through and through

Give us a shout if you're heading further North

6. Firstaslast356

Hi , I’ll go anywhere if its good country and bushcraft . I’m more interested in building shelters rather than tenting it . Happy for another dog to come along so as to keep my dog company ( jack Russell) .? Anyone or people interested in a good weekend bushcrafting . I’d prefare to have couple of stop overs in different sites maybe walk from one to the other .

7. Dreadhead

Dreadhead Bushcrafter through and through

no worries, depends how long you plan on spending up here. Galloway forest is probably youre best bet to fit the most in just bear in mind its mostly plantation stuff. some nice bits around loch trool though