info/help with leather working kit.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hello all, I fancy having a go at making things with leather, can someone point me in the right direction of kit i need to start and where is a good place to source these items,plus where to source leather, im a complete novice but really fancy giving this ago as i have a few ideas id lke to try out. Thanks in advance.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Leprevo. Get an awl blade (diamond), stitching wheel, grooving tool and either waxed cotton or artificial sinew and some blunt nosed needles. Should be all set. Leather by the hide is cheap. Ordering is a real pain though! Identity store much easier but more expensive

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I use a Stanley too. Leprevo is stuck in mail order hell. The website is very dated... Phone is fine if you know what you want and get someone who knows what they're talking about but they often insist you fill in an order form and email it to them. They work out cost, email you back, you email acceptance, they email you a link to pay, then dispatch upto a week later you have your leather!

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't use leprovo. They were rude on the phone and make customers jump through hoops to buy anything. Peter at the identity store is a top bloke, he's always got time for people.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
The old leather workers had a knife, an awl, and some needles...

Im busy next few days but Ill have a look though my kit, see what I have spare

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE