inexpensive "green" tarps.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got their Bush Shelter and it's a cracking bit of kit, no tested in serious weather yet but the build quality is good and the companys ethics deserve some merit.

One thing I'd say about that tarp is it could do with another two webbing loops along the centre instead of just the one. I think the 4m length would be easier to tension and hang properly then, easy enough to fix though I suppose.

Wild Thing

Native
Jan 2, 2009
Torquay, Devon
Thanks for the link Sargey

I like the Bush shelter, but they are out of stock, so I'll have to wait to get one.

Have also gone on the newsletter list so i can keep up to date with what they're up to.

Cheers

Phill

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Could you use paddles instead of poles like with the bush shelter ?

After I missed out on the deal for the Bush Shelter I realised that you'd need paddles of the correct length, and the same length, for that to work properly.

The Halti shelter has a vertical back wall too, so you need the small poles at the back. This gives it more useable space though.
It would be possible to cut poles to use with it, but I prefer not to cut green wood unless I have to in the UK. This wouldn't be a problem in Finland.

Cheers, Michael.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE