imoticons test

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
They work... though all the other forum smileys are still missing when you try to type a message... Unless you can remember what you had to type to insert them :rolleyes::cool:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I touch type and I find it easier to type in the punctuation and words than search for the emoticon .....some I get muddled, but I usually manage :D :approve: :) ;) :p :eek: :hapbirth: :sigh: :beerchug: :grouphug: et al :D

cheers,
M

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
hi toddy but there was a little emoticon just above what i am writing and when you clicked on it a box would appear with loads of them in it and i would like it back as I'm not that savvy with all the tech stuff regards dave

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
If I type them out then only the wee emoticon will show, so, what I'll do is miss out the : double dot thingie at the start of each of the written guide. I'll do the emoticon properly first.
HiHo, what's the code for that Welcome one ?

:D D
:) )
:approve: approve:
:( (
:sigh: sigh:
:hapbirth: hapbirth:
:beerchug: beerchug:
:eek: o
:p p
:yikes: yikes:
:eek: eek:
:cool: cool:

cheers,
M

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
And then there's :rofl: rofl:

:welcome1: welcome1:

Edit: All ot the above symbols require the colon symbol : for the smilie to appear in plasce of the word.

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:deadhorse: deadhorse:

:canoe: canoe:

:campfire: campfire:

:viking: viking:

:dancer: dancer:

:camping: camping:

Edit: All ot the above symbols require the colon symbol : for the smilie to appear in place of the word.

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Added some extras

If I type them out then only the wee emoticon will show, so, what I'll do is miss out the : double dot thingie at the start of each of the written guide. I'll do the emoticon properly first.

:lmao: lmao:

:grouphug: grouphug:

:rofl: rofl:

:rolleyes: rolleyes:

;) ; ) (minus the space between semi-colon and bracket)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Added some extras

:lmao: lmao:

:grouphug: grouphug:

:rofl: rofl:

:rolleyes: rolleyes:

;) ; ) (minus the space between semi-colon and bracket)

:confused: confused:

:dunno: dunno:

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
mary, phil, please go outside for a bit, it's lovely out there and no-one cares if you forget the colon.

stuart

p.s. i cheated and saved a list of emoticons to my desktop years ago, shame i forgot to copy them over to the new computer really (smiles)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Lots you can use

Yes there are, but those aren't the ones that are recognised by the forum if you type in some simple code, you've got to post a link... the codes for the forum ones are what we're trying remember and share around... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
mary, phil, please go outside for a bit, it's lovely out there and no-one cares if you forget the colon.

stuart

p.s. i cheated and saved a list of emoticons to my desktop years ago, shame i forgot to copy them over to the new computer really (smiles)

No it's not :sigh:
I've been out. I got bitten by a thrice damned cleg :( I'm not happy, I'm shaky and full of anti histamines and I'm gonna crash in a little while. The computer's on so I just log on and off for a couple of minutes at a time.
That whole post took me less than a minute...........there's a lot of minutes in a day :D

cheers,
M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE