IMG code is ON

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mike8472

Jul 28, 2009
west yorkshire
in the bottom of my screen is my permissions box and it says IMG code is on.
when i click on this it brings me to a list that says this means I can embed images in my post.

How can I do this?

I'm planning to do a review on some stoves next weekend and would like to put the pictures in amungst my text.

does this mean I can do this or do I have to do the Photobucket thing? I'm not a big fan of that!

Seth.Karlo

Aug 11, 2009
Wiltshire
Hey Mike, I'm a techy, so I'll help as much as I can.

To embed an image, you use BB code, which is a language the forums understand.

Basically, typ
and put the Direct link of the image in between them. You can get this by uploading a photo to Photobucket and/or Imageshack etc and they will provide a direct link.

An example would be as follows:

Code:
 [ img]http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p272/Sedrander/SethKarlo1-2.png[/img ]

EDIT: Useless, the CODE tag is supposed to disable any code within them, who wrote this forum anyway!? :p Ah well, you can see what it means, I just had to put a space inside the [ ]'s to stop it working.

Now, that typed into the box usually would produce this:

SethKarlo1-2.png

Just a piece of graphics work I did.

I hope that was clear, if not, say so and I'll use pictures to explain.

Cheers,

-Seth

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Look on Youtube, there are explanations of how to upload to PB and then link your pictures on a forum. It is one of those things you take for granted once you know how to do it. Seriously, I remember the problems I had at the start and now wonder why people struggle! It is easy, but only once you know how and having somebody show you makes it so much easier!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE