Ikea hammock stand

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Just bought this bad boy tonight from ikea for £60 its really solid and doesn't budge even with my 100kg frame I have nt had much chance to play but using my tenth wonder xl hammock theres still about 1ft of space between the floor and hammock so a normal tenth wonder or dd hammock would probably be better cant wait to try messing around with it tomorrow and try a night in it :)

20130504_204947_zpsd2ac5fdb.jpg
[/IMG]

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
That's awesome mate!! It would be perfect in my garden too!! As I can't string up anywhere!!

Does it fold up? Has it got a maximum user weight?

Cheers
Steve

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
That's awesome mate!! It would be perfect in my garden too!! As I can't string up anywhere!!

Does it fold up? Has it got a maximum user weight?

Cheers
Steve

Does nt really fold up but you could replace the bolts with pins then it would be a doddle to dismantle thats what im planning on doing.the max user weight is 120kg but its so solid I think it would go past that :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Can't really see how it assembles but could you fit an extra/longer pole along the bottom to make the XL fit a bit better?

Darwa

Forager
Apr 12, 2013
Cambridge
Can't really see how it assembles but could you fit an extra/longer pole along the bottom to make the XL fit a bit better?

I don't see why not, assuming you secure everything in place suitably. In fact, I might have a go next weekend.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Does nt really fold up but you could replace the bolts with pins then it would be a doddle to dismantle thats what im planning on doing.the max user weight is 120kg but its so solid I think it would go past that :)

That's brilliant thanks very much for getting back to me!!

Do you think a dd frontline would fit in there ok? I think it's 2.7 metres!

I need to get myself to a ikea!!

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
Managed to have another play yesterday I shortened the loops on my hammock that the karabiners fasten on and its alot better also put my snugpak under quilt on and it doesn't touch the floor when I get in so im well happy :)
I suppose you could change the bottom bar but theres a ridge on either edge to keep everything lined up.
I'm sure the frontline would fit if my xl does :D

QWerty I only got one cause my misses wanted some draws that were £90 were about to leave went to bargain corner and there was a set reduced to £15 im happy shes happy we all happy lol

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Managed to have another play yesterday I shortened the loops on my hammock that the karabiners fasten on and its alot better also put my snugpak under quilt on and it doesn't touch the floor when I get in so im well happy :)
I suppose you could change the bottom bar but theres a ridge on either edge to keep everything lined up.
I'm sure the frontline would fit if my xl does :D

QWerty I only got one cause my misses wanted some draws that were £90 were about to leave went to bargain corner and there was a set reduced to £15 im happy shes happy we all happy lol

Thats awesome mate!!!!
Im dying to get summit like this so I can string my hammock up in the garden!!

Does it flex much when you get in? Have you had a chance to sleep in it yet?
My only concern is that I use whoopies and dutch whoopie hooks to hang my dd up so not entirely sure how I would suspend it on that stand.

I guess aswell someone pointed out that £60 is quite alot to hang your hammock in the garden!!but if its as well made as everything else that ikea do it will last donkeys years!!

Cheers
steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE