ID of unusual item?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
While clearing out the loft, we discovered this thing. From the piece of Christmas wrapping paper around it, it seems to date from around the 1950s. It is canvas and wood, with a construction similar to a deck chair, that allows the slope of the back to be adjusted. The best that I could come up with was some sort of pillow support or back rest to help someone sit up in bed.

But if anyone has any better ideas...

Thanks

Geoff

photo4_zpsfbfdb40e.jpg

photo3_zps04efb51c.jpg

photo5_zps9c768f2f.jpg

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I wonder if the boffins at thermarest could design a lightweight, folding version of this to use with their mats while camping out? I've tried the TAR seat kit and being tall just ripped it first use. A think like this in UL materials that folds could be useful for those lazy trips where you're not walking far but end up sitting around in the evening a lot instead. Not for those walk all hours of daylight trips but a simple walk to a favoured spot then sit drinking brews of one kind or another in a bit of comfort trips.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Somewhere I mind a pattern for a beachbag that folded out into something like that. Very practical I thought at the time, but never got around to making it.

I'm sure something could be done with the metal struts from an old folding chair though.

M

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
I wonder if the boffins at thermarest could design a lightweight, folding version of this to use with their mats while camping out? I've tried the TAR seat kit and being tall just ripped it first use. A think like this in UL materials that folds could be useful for those lazy trips where you're not walking far but end up sitting around in the evening a lot instead. Not for those walk all hours of daylight trips but a simple walk to a favoured spot then sit drinking brews of one kind or another in a bit of comfort trips.

Try this it's pretty comfortable. http://store.kifaru.net/field-chair-p27.aspx

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE