I need a bannock recipe :D

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
I'm after a simple but delicious bannock recipe.
It's going to make a couple of breakfasts (with sultanas and honey available to augment the mixture) and then another batch (with some herbs etc) to compliment a nice venison stew.
I'm planning to cook it wrapped around a stick.
I've cooked bannock and it was great but the mix was made up by someone else.
I know he definitely used powdered milk in the mix.
Anyway, let me know what you like, and I'll let you know how I get on with it next week...

Cheers,

Will

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I Like this.

2 cups plain flour, 1 cup milk powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda. Mix all with water until you get a dough. Fry or bake. Try with dried pineapple, or for savoury chopped onion and finely chopped bacon.

knifeman

Forager
May 27, 2015
england
I just eye everything but I just use self raising flour, (depending on how much bannock I want I just add more or less) brown sugar then mixed spice and some raisins. I put it all in one of those thin sandwich bags then I take it out to the woods dry, when I'm ready I just add water to the bag, mix it around in to bag, snip of the corner and squeeze it out into my pan! I usually cook it in a small non stick pan from Aldi. This way you don't have to bring any butter and you can pick it up because it's not greasy.

I've never had a bad batch....yet! And if I want savoury I just ditch the sugar and spices and a tad of salt.

Hope this helped!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2014
middle earth
Plain flour, baking soda, salt, garlic powder. BOOM! I love it.

or.....

Plain flour, baking soda, milk powder, brown sugar, cinnamon, an egg or egg powder and a tot of rum. This makes a nice bush cake. especially if you make a sugar drizzle to finish it off....... nom nom nom!:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE