Hurry! Hurry!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
I feel I would be neglecting my duty to other forum members if I did not notify everyone of an essential piece of kit which is an absolute must have.
A Tactical sewing kit!! I know, I know, just what everyone has been searching for without success. Search no longer, for the small sum of £10 less 5 pence you can be the owner of this latest bit of kit. This is not any sewing kit I stress, this is a tactical sewing kit. The buttons supplied...no, let's say "issued" it sounds more tactical, the buttons issued are green!! And the sewing thread is in a subdued colour too..sneaky eh? Two stainless steel ( as used by the SAS) securing devices are included, Nato code name.. safety pins. A covert seam ripper with case, to prevent injury while in stand-by mode, is included in the kit as are needles sharpened to a deadly point and ready for instant deployment from the special container in which the whole kit neatly fits. Available from a well known knife/kit emporium. Be aware, operational orders specify that all tactically aware operatives should be in possession of this vital piece of kit before any deployment.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
If it's a "Special forces" sewing kit that thread will be for sewing up machine guns and trucks.
I'm not sure what the product is, but it sounds like it might be a household kit dressed in a "special forces" label.

I was given one of these as a gift, which I was partially impressed with:
sewingkit-lg.jpg

Thing is I don't see myself carrying such a large kit especially with those horrible folding scissors.
the pouch it'self is well made the buttons and needles are ok and the thread has genuine Nato store numbers on it. sadly here's not much in the kit for it's size and suprisingly the tiny needles are stored loose in the button bag.

my advice make your own kit with hand picked decent bit's and pieces,

some ideas include:
the smallest SAK with scissors, very comfortable to use and the blade IS sharp.
include A huge needle that will go through leather.
Do include a metal thimble, (plastic ones can fail).
include one of those thin wire needle threaders.
Use very strong thread, don't worry about the colour you can do a better job when you get home.
You can pre-thread your own needles.
Tube of superglue for plastics/leather.
Duck tape with peel off backing.
Cable ties.
Brass wire, for fixing ricksacks ect.
Include some spares like cord locks or buckles to fix other gear.
and finally a selection of "sew-on" metal poppers, like this:
images

No need for seam rippers, a carefully used penknife or scalpul blade will work just as well if not better.
All of the above would probably fit in the sewing kit shown above!

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
yuk! horrible overstated kit!
No need for the stitch ripper at all, any "taking kit apart" is definately a "when you get home" job!
BTW the stitch ripper, I have 2 identical ones, they aren't that good the clear plastic breaks easily, I often use a knife.

2 safty pins, 2 buttons, and some thread, all in a bright green...almost dayglow plastic container? how is that tactical?
sewing instructions? A tactical situation is not the time you want to learn sewing!
saying that...the description almost suggests the kit repairs things for you:
this lightweight sewing kit repairs ripped clothing, broken equipment or anything else that needs mending.

The container itself removes any tactical effect ther rest of the kit might have once had, and to add injury to insult, it would rattle too!
The army camo kit I was given, is much more tactical!

I totally agree with John Fenna:
Wow!
And it contains at least £1.50s worth of sewing kit!

Make your own sewing kit, I'll be much better! ;)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE